“Must do!”

VulkanFisk
Ranked #55 of 1,795 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Norwegian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Ultra fresh seafood with large associated fish counter
Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

I love it when other reviewers gets it right!!

This fish restaurant is located at the far end of the entrance. I trusted the previous reviews to guide me to the fish soup! It was absolutely perfect!! It was heavenly without being a heavy chowder like broth! The fresh green peas was a nice touch with the leeks! Matched with a glass of wine, it was a perfect afternoon with myself!!

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed May 28, 2019

One f my top place for delicious seaood. The service was very friendly and attentive. Prices were decent. This place has positive reviews for a reason.

Reviewed May 21, 2019 via mobile

After our first day in Norway, a day full of sightseeing, we ended up here for dinner. Signage is not great, Google maps gets you close. It's in the market. We both had the same places, the chef fish special. The flavors were spectacular. Every item on the plate complimented the next. Loved the beets and fennel. The mashed potatoes could have been a little thicker, we still are them. For weekday you get, very reasonably priced. Highly recommend.

1  Thank 876jannettee
Reviewed May 7, 2019

The crab was delicious the oysters out of this world and a simple fish and chips to die for. Brilliant service. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed May 4, 2019

The Mathallen Food Hall is not to be missed. It offers a wide range of cuisine, however I did not travel to Norway for Hungarian, Italian, or Japanese food. On the other hand VulkanFisk was exactly what I was looking for at a reasonable price (for vacationers). The food was excellent. This is a food hall (think VERY upscale food court) so there was no table service, although they did give out pagers to notify you when your food was ready. We took the food to a central table area and enjoyed it as we people watched the patrons of the hall.

The only reason I did not rate them a 5 is their catch of the day was whale - I am very much opposed to eating (or hunting) cetaceans - period!!!