“Good friendly noodles”

Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Fast Food
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I haven't had noodles for quite some time and it was about time to get some. I've found this place here and since it is one of rare noodles shops here in Oslo I went out and tried it.

The offer three kinds of noodles (rice, wheat, ...), three kinds of dressing several type of basis (chicken, shrimps, beef, tofu, ...) and plenty of vegetables. You can select what you want to have with your noodles and they will prepare them just for you. You can either take them with you or eat them there.

They also offer some light snacks like crab-chips.

The waitress is very friendly and helps you with the selection. The prices are very decant especially for Norway.

1  Thank CirilB

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

For a wok place, this is really on the upper end. Same concept as in other European capitals, but frankly fresh, tasty with a great service and good value for money.
I loved the room, even without bathroom. Very personal and cosy. Well done altogether.

2  Thank Corsica30
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Having recently ventured through the culinary experience that is Japan, reading "udon noodles" in a review in the local newspaper attracted me and my girlfriend to Solli Plass for a bowl of really tasteless noodles.

Pros:

+ "Noodles" is located right next to the buss stop at Oslo´s popular Solli Plass, making it easy to reach from anywhere in the capital city.
+ The concept behind ordering the food was quite simple, there´s a big sign at the register with a few options within the categories protein, sauce, noodles and vegetables. No overfilled menus or tonnes of repetitive look-a-like meals, plain and simple.
+ The interior design is quite chic and fashionable, ranging from old cinema seats to wooden tables giving it a relaxed vibe in a busy city.
+ Service was quite nice, got the food around 4-5 minutes from the time of ordering.

Cons:

- I had chilli beef udon noodles, which were decent; the palest beef strips I have ever seen accompanied with an assortment of tasteless noodles and a sorry excuse for vegetables. A bit harsh for something I just called decent, but when the only thing you can taste is chilli sauce, there´s not much positive I can say about the meal.

- My girlfriend had teriyaki beef udon noodles, for the first and definitely last time at this restaurant. She had one or two chopstick servings before she threw in the towel, using words such as "sour, weird, burnt" before letting me have a go. I thought she was overreacting, but after one bite of the same, pale meat in a weird sauce they dare call "teriyaki", I understood her frustration. Just horrible.

- The total cost for two boxes and two drinks was 288 NOK, which to me, even for Oslo standards, is mid-range cost when it comes to fast food. Not cheap, as a lot of the other reviewers are stating.

- 30+ NOK for a soft drink? Come on.

It´s probably alright for take-away, but don´t expect too much.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Great service and definitely tasteful food. Since I am vegetarian and also enjoy vegan food, it's perfect to get Asian food at Solli Plass in Oslo. Reasonable prices!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Great with some fresh noodles, to take home or eat at the restaurant. I always pass by and bring the noodles home, and I enjoy that they're freshly made and reasonably priced (for being Oslo).

I don't enjoy the restaurant so much, but it's ok for lunch.