This hotel is a bare minimum hotel. A couple things to know when booking this hotel:
1) They service the rooms only once a week. Means no daily clean towels, freshly made beds or empty trash cans.
2) No hair dyers in room - HOWEVER they have then at the front desk. I almost lost my marbles on this one b/c I didn't pack a blow dryer and no where on the site or reviews said there wasn't one in the room. Just ask the front desk and you are covered.
3) No TVs in room. Which for us - is fine. They have 2 tvs in the lobby which you can enjoy 24 hours.
4) Wi-Fi is great. Strong wifi in all the areas of the hotel: room and common areas.
5) Mini Kitchen in Lobby: Norway is expensive and it is a nice option that they offer a minimal kitchen area. Small fridge to store items, a microwave to heat things up, hot water kettle, vending machine, plastic utensils to use if eating at the hotel. We hit up the grocery store daily for our meals and were able to eat in the lobby. It was perfect. They do have a coffee machine for 10 kr but there was no sugar so coffee wasn't as good as going out. But the price is about 10-25kr less than going out. Your choice.
6) Location - it is right in the middle of everything that is happening in Oslo. If you are here to see the sites and walk around - it's the best location.
7) Staff is very friendly: We had a few people working "host" while there and every single person was beyond helpful.
So to recap the hotel, It was not the cheapest hotel we found - we found a few for about $30USD less but it had everything we needed. I was with my husband and we ordered the double small room which was still larger than some hotel rooms in other cities in Europe. It allowed us to be independent and is set up for people looking to visit Oslo on a budget - which was out type of trip. If when looking for hotels - this hotel fits your budget - we recommend it.
One side note, not to do with the hotel: Norway has a law that they cannot sell alcohol of any kind after 6:00 PM (18:00) - and none on Sundays. Drinking out can be VERY expensive - so recommend either hitting up a duty free during your flight OR getting to the store before 6.
Oslo is a great city! Have fun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Citybox is a modern economy hotel with low prices. Our rooms are cheap because we keep our running expenses down while still offering our guests what they really need: a simple and stylish room with a delicate bath, a comfortable bed, a good chair, a desk and a place for hanging your clothes. Wireless broadband is available free of charge throughout the hotel. Citybox combines simplicity with comfort and low prices. The hotel is located in the centre of Oslo, 5 minutes walking from Oslo S, train staion. If you want to spend your money on something other than a minibar and room service, then Citybox is the place for you. Oslo is full of bars. Why do you need one in your hotel room? We recently teamed up with a cafe that offers breakfast, lunch and dinner for all our guests, and also provides a 10% discount for our guests. In addition they also cater to our meeting rooms. The cafe has a direct entrance from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Citybox Oslo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.