“Good food, seemed quite authentic.”

Japanese Dining Sato
Ranked #464 of 1,568 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Given that I have never been to Japan, it is hard for me to determine how authentic a Japanese restaurant is. This place did, however, deviate a bit from what I am used to in other Japanese restaurants around here, in a way that made it feel less "norwegianified" and more real Japanese.

The food was quite good, and for the quality and atmosphere, it was quite reasonably priced too. My duck tasted excellent, and my wife, who had a sea food plate, was very pleased.

Service was a bit direct, more as the "what do you want" -> "here is your food" type. But it didn't prevent us from enjoying the meal. This is one of the better Asian places I have been to in Oslo, and I think it deserves to be regarded as an alternative to places like Dinner. You do not get that impression when you see the place from the outside, so do not let appearance fool you,.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Living few steps away from this place, I eat with my partner here more or less one a week. Is located in the beautiful Frogner, close to Solli plass and Bygdoy alle. The place is simply, cozy and we find it especially very relaxing. The service is always very quick and polite in japanese style. Our favorite dish is no doubt the salmon teryaky. Price about 240 kr. The salmon filet comes with a variety of shells and seasonal vegetables + rice, the teryaky sauce is just amazing. they have also some very interesting hot pots and a range of traditional japanese family dishes. I cannot say anything about the sushi, I've never tried. It offers also take away. In general I recommend it, for informal dinners.

1  Thank Giuseppe M
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I'm very pleased to see this restaurant getting good reviews on tripadvisor! This is one of my favourite neighbourhood restaurants and I think it deserves more attention. Most people come here for the sushis, especially takeaway customers, but there is much more to discover! Their "fusion" mains are fine, but the real draw is their traditional japanese food, or what they call the "Japanese family food". They have mainly tonkatsu, several type of donburi (rice dishes with garnish), noodles soups and some delicious, heart warming hot pots (sukiyaki, nabe, shabu-shabu).

The service is friendly and polite even if the waiters' english and norwegian skills could be improved. There is also not much of an atmosphere, but I like the idea of being able to eat out and share a good, unusual meal in informal surroundings, without feeling that I have to dress up and splurge on wine. Such places are still way too rare in Oslo. This is (sadly) the only restaurant in Oslo that serves Japanese home cooking, therefore I hope they are gonna stay around for may years to come!

1  Thank nordavind
Reviewed July 16, 2013

- Very nice sushi
- If you ask for an apetizer, you should know that they are bigger than in other places :D (yakitori, nom nom!!)
- The waiter was a bit shy, but nice.
- Maybe the nigiri rice needed a bit more or rice vinegar... But just a bit :)
- Around 350kr for a nice sushi dinner! :D

Reviewed July 15, 2013

One of my favourite places to eat in Oslo.

Be sure to try the traditional Japanese food, not just the sushi (though very good), extremely tasty.

Last few visits i have had the:
Sashimi Super Deluxe, a large bowl of sashimi with a wide variety of fish types, all very fresh and well cut.

Yakiniku-Don, a large bowl of rice with lots of Pan fried beef, with different wild mushrooms and onions on top. beef as a slightly sweet sauce which is lovely.

There website menu is not completely up to date, they have more variety on the new one.

2  Thank electristan