“EXCELLENT STEAKHOUSE IN THE CITY CENTRE OF OSLO”
Review of Nygard Steakhouse - CLOSED

Nygard Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2013

If you are looking for a well tasting beefsteak, this is the right place to go in Oslo. Combined with good service and a nice renovated restaurant, their varied choice of starters, other steak menues and of course several dessert alternatives will definetely satisfy you. I tried their "Spicy Scampies" as starter, and ended up with a fantastic Kobe beef steak as my main course. Wow - unforgetable!

2  Thank dyrper

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We went for dinner with a group from work. We had spicy scampis which were nice and very hot. The foccacia bread was ok. The steaks were tender, but they were not medium as we ordered - definitely more like medium plus to well done. A shame when the meat was so good. The sauces were good, but the vegetables were a bit over cooked. Very nice creme brule for dessert. The waitor was friendly - but he was a bit in a hurry, and the courses came very fast - it would have been nice to be able to finish the red wine before they served the dessert. OK for a dinner after work, but not a place to go if there's an occation or if you want to have an evening out.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

My wife and I have just eaten at Nygard and start to finish, our visit was a great one.
As others have said, Oslo isn't cheap, even 7-11 charge you a fortune for basics...

So, onto Nygard, a really friendly welcome, very attentive but not in your face service and fantastic food. If you have deep pockets and fancy some Wagu beef, look no further. My wife had and fillet and I went for the t-bone, both were cooked exactly how we asked, the sides were really tasty and cooked perfectly.

Eat here, you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank The3ofUsCheshire_UK_
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Upon my arival in Oslo I saw this restaurant right outside the central station and noticed the "Menu Deal" advertised outside.

A classic shrimp coctail - 200gr Steak with bearnaise mixed veggies and any potato dish - Strawberry cheese cake for ... 350 NOK.

Not cheap, but the quality of the food was VERY good.
I ordered my meat rare and that's how I got it - awesome.

I checked the a la carte menu but this I found too expensive - perhaps it's normal to Norwegian standard, but my wallet isn't used to such excessive spendings ;)

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Excellent staff, good selection of beers. Did not have dinner, but it looked amazing :)
Excellent location just next to the central rail station.