We stayed 2 nights in February and overall, had a wonderful time - but then you do expect that from a top-notch 5 star hotel! It was hard to fault, but a few thoughts below:
- great location in the newly renovated harbourside area of Tyuvsholmen with good restaurants nearby
- the hotel is stylish from top to bottom, with interesting artwork all over and great architecture
- luxurious, stylish room with plenty of space and a big bath
- Nespresso coffee in the room - always a delight!
- absolutely incredible food at the restaurant, with perfectly cooked fish, a good wine list, friendly attentive service and luxurious but un-stuffy surroundings
- not quite the 5-star experience, with no porter to help with bags, our room not cleaned by 5pm when we returned from a day out (although the helpful staff sent someone straight up when we called to ask them to clean), and the breakfast buffet really chaotic during the busy period with insufficient staff to help direct you to your table, bring coffee, and so on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stepping into THE THIEF is sure to rob you of something. Something familiar and shall we say, enslaving at times. And the thing is that the hotel is so good at it… that you might not notice until the end. You suddenly find yourself engaged in a world of new impressions: cutting-edge art, architecture and world-class gastronomy.And then it hits you, what’s been stolen from you…you haven’t had a single thought about your very long to-do list, the responsibilities at home, the everyday worries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Nordic Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your THE THIEF reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.