“So so!”

Atelier Asian Tapas
Ranked #306 of 1,543 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Lasy staff, bit rude but okey food :)
You should all try the spring rolls because they made me religious!

Oh; and don't forget to remind the waiter that yes; you DID order the sparagus!

1  Thank Hjalmar B

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Mathallen is a great little arcade with lots of different food bars and interesting shops. Worth saying I ate the best lemon meringue pie ever at an outlet called, I think, Good Pie...so light and full of flavour.
Anyway, that's an aside...the main event was Atelier Asian Tapas. We arrived as a hungry group of four after a hard day's graft in Oslo. As the name of the restaurant suggests, they specialise in tapas with an Asian twist. And the food is heavenly. Three of us had the red deer on a tamarind sauce which, although deliberately cold, was delicious.
Again, three of us had the spare ribs which were also fab. I had chicken and shrimp spring rolls with a sweet chilli dip which melted in my mouth. One of my colleagues had a salmon fillet, another had beef and we also ordered a giant prawn dish. All of the tapas were fantastic. The French chef was very knowledgeable about all the menu and talked us through it. He was happy to chat, although to be fair when we arrived the restaurant was quite empty. I could see how you might struggle to get a table during busy times because it is quite small.
Anybody who's visited Norway will also know you're not going to escape with your wallet intact. It's probably the most expensive country I've ever been to. However, our bill for 11 tapas, three soft drinks and one beer was around £75...which actually represents pretty good value in Oslo. Worth every penny though since the food is among the best I've tasted in a long long time.
A real gem of a find and I would heartily recommend it to anyone visiting Oslo. Brilliant!

1  Thank Ripley0
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Mathallen is a worthy destination for many if its food shops and food bars. Atelier Asian Tapas is one of these places.

It is rather small so finding a seat can be tricky at times. You order the food at the cash register.

On my request for only meat dishes the (I think) French headwaiter suggested fois gras with caramelized apple, grilled entrecôte with Asian salad and spareribs. I went with the first two and added scampi with mango salad. They were all excellent and the bonus was that price was very favorable.

The recommended glasses if white wine (my choice) accompanying the dishes were also excellent.

I will return soon!

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

My new favourite place on Oslo. Ate lunch with a friend visiting from London. Was really refreshing to be able to him to a place which was at 'international level'. Exciting menu perfectly executed. We talked about the food throughout the meal (always a good sign) the staff are very friendly and the prices are very cheap for the high standard. Will be going back this week.

1  Thank Loxluta
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We visited Atelier Asian Tapas on a Tuesday afternoon, the restaurant was busy. We ordered 4 different dishes and brought them to some tables in Mathallen and ate them there. What we tried was the Fois gras, the Spare ribs, Sea scallops and the Scampi. Everything was excellent. The scallop was to die for. Can't comment on service other then ordering and reciving food, but staff was friendly and food came fast. Can't wait to go back.