“Homely hotel”
Review of PS:Hotell

PS:Hotell
Ranked #57 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were received very warmly by Martin Nilsen,asst front office manager. The rooms are comfortable.The toilets are very good. Security is very good. The hotel is just 15 minutes by walk from the central train station and is well connected by bus and tram to all the sights. We had a family dinner at the hotel restaurant .Martin Alm and Christian Di Oronzo Frisen prepared and served us with great care. The food was great, like Gordon Ramsey ,my wife commented and I agree.It was pricey though,not very.
Martin Nilsen at the front desk was always helpful with directions and advise.You should ask for him.
We had to leave very early one morning for a trip on the Flam Rail and Kim Nicolaysen,the waiter in the restaurant ,had 9 tasty breakfasts laid out for us well before their timing.
When I come back,this is where I will stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally good
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank RAVI K

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed in PS Hotell from March 7th through 10th and had a very wonderful time there.
I was there with two of my friends and we shared a triple room. The room itself was not very big, but was so smart furnitured so we never felt it was too small.
We loved the modern design everywhere - in room, in restaurant and lobby - very modern.
It was wonderful that staff would accomodate any our wish - they've spent quite some time telling us what to do and where to go, printing out maps for us, making sure we have breakfast (we checked out at 4 am, restaurant wasn't working.)
The restaurant is very cozy and very stylish; the dishes that we've tried were amasing! and it is so nice that you can actually see how the food is prepared and get assembled.
Breakfasts are great - such a great selection of healthy stuff.

The location is great - next to a nice store with many little restaurants (right opposite the hotel) - at night these little restaurants are crouded. The food there is also great.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ekaterina S
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I will try give my Opinion sincerery about this Hotel.

Room and Bed: The room is too small. I think the smallest room in my live. Looks like a Formule 1 from Accor Hotel with better furniture. (You can check the size in my pictures). Beds are very confortable, excelent. Amazing Pillows. Bed Linen & Quilts very soft. Wonderful.

Some Observation: The room was not a 100% clean when I arrived. I saw cigarrets under sofa (can smoke in the room???? But I dont smell nothing about cigarrets) papers from others clients behind the bed. I warn the reception to check this for anothers guests.

Bathroom: It is also not big, but it is a reasonable size. Shower 5 stars. But the Glass are only half of the hole to inside the shower. I never saw nothing like that. Every shower, the bathroom have been a lot of water on floor. (Why put a half glass???) (You can check this in my pictures too).

TV Room: LCD TV, with some internationals channels. That’s OK to me.

Reception: Not a fluent in English, but`s OK to give orientations and tips. Very polite, nice Staff overall.

Location: Not a Central Hotel, but Oslo dont its a big city. 10 minutes walking to Kars Johans Gate. The Hotel stayed in a Trend Neighbor.

Security: In Oslo, security is very high. Do not you feel insecure any second.

Taxi: From Bus Station to Hotel I spend 130 NOK. To expensive to me, to a ride about 1,5 kilometers.

Breakfest: Not a 5 Stars. Just like a Ibis Hotel. You have some breads, juices, fruits and eggs. A little simple for the price.

If the room was a little big, this hotel can be a 5 Stars Rating.

I recommend this hotel to everyone.

I hope this review helps someone.
Cheers

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank rankfussa
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Quite new hotel located next to Norway Art and Dance academy. Opposite hotel is new "mat hall" fantastic food stores/restaurant. every morning cames fresh fish and seefood,(I saw my hotel window) Hotel gave me bigger room because neighbor hotel(scandic) was made overbooking and transferred me to PS.hotel. Lucky me, big room, silent, great bathroom and really good breakfast. Only small problem was, my room lightning went of, but hotel staff fix it really fast.After this I found out tv remote was missing but other staff ran to bring it under 2 minute.Briljant, over all frendly service.
ps. better than Scandic :)
jormaa

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jormaa
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This hotel is a trendy place to stay just a stones throw from some very cool bars in what seems an up and coming area. Great food in the restaurant and for the price we payed to stay here we didn't expect much. Pleasantly surprised would be an understatement. The room is quite small, but there is a wet room bathroom and quite a large shower space. W stayed in a three person room, with two singles and a bunk. Fantastic breakfast in the morning with plenty if choice. Overall I thought this was a great place to stay for not much money considering everything else in this city is so expensive. Also I must add that all of the people were brilliant, not just in the hotel but everywhere they can't help you enough. Would love to go to oslo again and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank J O
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The hotel is nice and clean. Rooms are small but spacious and give a rich look. Staff is amazing and very very helpful, very accommodating. We had an early morning train to catch so breakfast was delivered to our room even before the breakfast time. Meal was really good and was sufficient for at least 5 people even though it was meant to be just for two people. Location is also good and the huge windows in the room give a really nice view. They provide free and fast Wi-Fi as well. And all this at a very reasonable price.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank anuj k
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We recently staying in this hotel while on a short trip to Oslo. 3 of us shared a room, which was compact but as we were only sleeping there it didnt really matter. The beds were comfortable and there was a great shower. The thing that really impressed me about this hotel was the breakfast. I was expecting it to be a bread, cereal and hot drinks, so was more than pleasantly surprised at the choice of food ranging from cereals, yoghurt, fresh fruit, waffles (make you own) cold meats, cheeses, delicious breads, bacon, sausages and eggs. For £100 a night for a room for 3 of us I thought this was impressive.

The hotel is a little away from the centre but there is an excellent bus service that runs from the top of the hill, if you go out of the hotel to the right, then right up the hill then left at the roundabout the bus stop is on the other side of the road and takes you straight into the city centre. We got off at the Theatreland stop and walked to most places from there.

There is also free wifi throughout the hotel, they give you a new code every 24 hours, just ask at reception. The reception staff were very helpful in giving us maps and ordering a taxi to take us to the central station. The only negative I would say about the hotel is that they dont make up your rooms during your stay. We were only there two nights so it didnt matter, so make sure you hang up your towel after you shower in the morning and make your bed :)

All in all I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone as it is clean, has comfortable bed, a great shower and a fantastic breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends