“The best value for money in Oslo city centre”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Vapiano - CLOSED

Vapiano
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Oslo, Norway
“The best value for money in Oslo city centre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

Oslo is well-known for its high prices, however this restaurant offers great meals from fresh materials for reasonable price.

Visited April 2014

• Greek first
Georgia
“Very friendly made to order service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

This is a made to order pasta and pizza place. The prices are more reasonable than most restaurants in Oslo. The cooks are very friendly. I had the pasta Carbonara which was very good. You can also select what type of pasta that you want to have. Very vegetarian friendly as they will make what you want right in front of you. The others that I were with had the pizza which they enjoyed.

• Visited April 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Quick and Amazing Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

Although Vapiano is a chain restaurant, you can't beat the convenience it provides! The food is incredible as well. The shrimp scampi pasta is delicious! Had great service from the staff there and enjoyed sitting on the patio soaking in the sun and the views of Akershus and the Oslo Fjord!

Visited March 2014
Hong Kong, China
“Cosy place with nice food and reasonably priced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Went there for lunch and find it good price to value. We have ordered pasta, pizza and desert. All taste good. While I would recommend "spaghetti" instead of other pasta type as its texture tasted the best. Highly recommended if you are in Oslo.

• Visited March 2014
United Kingdom
“Out of pizza and pasta on a Saturday”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

My friends and I arrived at around 20:30, at which point the place seemed to be more or less full of people. In order to have a seat, we ended up having to clear a table ourselves as the waiters seemed to be busy hiding somewhere.

After a brief look at the menu, we decided to get in line and place our orders. The line was long, and by the time we had made it to the desk, we were told that they were out of pasta. Out of hunger and lack of imagination (otherwise we would have left and gone to another place), we quickly decided on what pizzas to order, and waited in line once again. When finally making our way to the desk, we were told that they were out of pizza as well, and that they only had enough pizza dough for three more customers. Luckily we were in a group of three, and all of us got to order. As for the rest of the crowd, I do not know whether or not they survived, as the only offers left were risotto and salad.

My friend and I returned to our seats, desperately craving something to eat, while another friend went to get drinks at the bar. He returned after about 20 minutes, disappointed by the service he had gotten. The waitress was unfriendly, and ended up serving the wrong type of wine.

When placing an order, each person is given an electronic device that will blink and make noise when the food is ready to be picked up from the desk. My friends and I (and everyone around us it seemed) glanced at the device every 2 seconds, and ended up glancing at it quite a lot as we waited a full hour and 30 minutes until our alarms went off. By the time the food had arrived we were so hungry, we did not have time to consider all of the things that had gone wrong during our visit, but my friend was surprised to find that he had gotten a different pizza than requested, as the restaurant was out of ingredients as well.

Upon paying, we asked the lady behind the desk how it is possible that an Italian restaurant which specialises in pizza and pasta, can run out of pizza and pasta. We were informed that they make enough pizza dough and pasta every morning, but that something must have gone wrong this day. Pretty unfortunate, having in mind that this was a Saturday, and quite early considering their closing hour (1:00 AM).

Needless to say, neither my friends nor I will return to Vapiano in the future.

• Visited March 2014