“Pretty good!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Kenilworth, England, United Kingdom
“Pretty good!”
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Went for a bite to eat and a beer on recommendation from my best friend who lived there for s few years and I enjoyed it! Extensive beer list and probably a limited menu but the burgers were good and the atmosphere and service was good so I had no complaints.

Visited February 2014

Oslo
“Nice for a hasty lunch”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I go here all the time, the meny is as expected and the interior is a bit different from most other places in Oslo. I like to have lunch here, the food is served quickly and the quality of the dishes are good. Can be a bit crowded on saturdays, but that is expected.

• Visited November 2013
“Terrible service and food below the average doesn't weigh up for the great selection in beers and the atmosphere”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

It's quite sad for me to have write this review, as it is so close to my flat and would easily become my regular hangout spot. Unfortunately the negatives pull down the few positive aspects of visiting this establishment.
The staff is not attentive enough to pick up that new guests arrive, and as mentioned in other reviews, they're hardly able to utter a greeting or 'you're welcome' after serving/receiving payment. I travel a lot, and when in cities such as London and Berlin I wouldn't be that harsh about bad attitude from waitors as I know they're working hours are excruciating and the payment is an insult in itself. But in Norway, even waiting staff earn a minimum that is the double of any other city, and that's without the tips. So I don't see the reason to be mild on the rude and unprofessional behaviour from a staff not willing to offer the service that we do pay for.
In addition to this, the food is below the average standard of this kind of pub restaurants that you can find on every corner in Oslo. There are so many other places to get good pub food and breakfast, such as Nighthawk on Grünerløkkka or Rust quite close to Laundromat.
The meat they use for the burgers is industrially processed, probably Gilde (something you could buy at any supermarket) and the condiments are nothing but average.
I'd rather pay 20-30 kroner more for a tasty plate of food than 150-160 for this.
The only thing I would do here is have a beer, as their selection in beers is impeccable, and some of the bartenders actually have a great deal of knowledge concerning beer. Also the interior gives the place a nice retro inspired atmosphere with an interesting mezzanine where you can overview the crowd from above.
Still, I'd rather go somewhere else to have lunch, or go to Flyfisher up Theresesgate and around the corner, or even just stay at home. I wouldn't reward a restaurant that for so long remains unmoved by the critique of their unsatisfied customers, as I see the same staff there when I pass by.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank PatrickEgersborg
Oslo, Norway
“Nice place for a beer - but do not buy any food”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We are arrived for a quick bite a Sunday afternoon and while the restaurant was fairly full a friendly waiter showed us to the table. There a lampshide on the wall was broken so I had a large lightbuld shining directly into my face, but after some time a waiter had it removed. Things should not be left that way, though.

Service was slow, but friendly. We ordered the classical hamburger, which was a mistake. This was obviously not prepared on premises but bought in from an industrial supplier. Tasteless and grey in appearance - buying a hamburger at Burger King or something would have been better. Although prices are lower than many other restaurants nearby, this was not nearly good enough.

Good selection of beers.

We will never come again to eat, but it is an interesting and lively place and one could perhaps come for a beer or something.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Breiva
Brescia, Italy
“Young and fun place, great burgers”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The idea behind is super cool! I mean having the chance to kill the time while waiting for the washing machine to be done by snacking on nacho chips, a burger or a nice cheese platter (if you want to go fancy) is quite nice! They also have a huge selection of nice beers, but not quite so many good wines, unfortunately...

Visited June 2013