“Badly done”

Cuisines: Norwegian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sentrum
Description: Possibly Oslo's nicest cafe and restaurant. Informal and warm atmosphere :)
Reviewed August 10, 2016 via mobile

We have visited the restaurant upon the reviews which says that it's good one but it's not.
The way we have been received and hosted was not polite.
The food takes so long time, however it doesn't taste fresh and was not very tasty.

Reviewed August 8, 2016 via mobile

Chose this restaurant as it was close to our hotel and was not disappointed. All the dishes we had were delicious, mussels and soup to start with the Wolf fish and Pearl Barley risotto main courses. Portion sizes look quite small but were actually more then enough and we could not find room for puddings.

The staff were great, very friendly and well timed service. Would have awarded 5 stars but it is a bit expensive.

2  Thank rosieh763
Reviewed August 8, 2016

We were staying around the corner at the Rosenkrantz hotel so this seemed like a good place to have dinner.
It is a compact but airy and light restaurant serving organic food. The waiter was very friendly and helpful and my wife chose mussels to start followed by an asparagus risotto. I went for the apple and parsnip soup followed by the wolff fish which the waiter had recommended.

Service and presentation were excellent as was the food - empty plates were returned!

A really enjoyable dinner before we headed off to see Kraftwerk!

3  Thank MarkAH1507
Reviewed August 8, 2016 via mobile

This is a nice little restaurant that has a 'living room' feel to it. The food tastes great, is creative and is mostly made with local ingredients. Great food at reasonable prices, especially when compared to other restaurants in Oslo and Norway as a whole!
I would certainly recommend! Could have gotten 5 stars if they had an extra waiter.

3  Thank lisalan123
Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

Went for dinner with my fiancée and my 3 year old daughter. The food was very good, I had the chèvre and beetroot starter and my fiancée had the Asparagus soup. I had the 5reindeer stew as my main and my fiancée had the wolffish and my daughter had the salmon. All were delicious and the wine was also very good. The restaurant was very busy and we were lucky enough to get table without booking, but I would advise booking in advance. The menu was a little small but was well thought out, I think the price was extremely good, our total was 1050 Nok I've paid 1000 Sek before in restaurants in small Swedish towns so for Oslo is an absolute bargain.

2  Thank 469mattk