“Delicious Norwegian Food!”

Cuisines: Norwegian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sentrum
Description: Possibly Oslo's nicest cafe and restaurant. Informal and warm atmosphere :)
Reviewed July 5, 2016 via mobile

Even though I'm a vegetarian, they had plenty of options for me here. I walked past this place while trying to find somewhere to eat, and I'm glad I found this place.

The most amazing soups, vegetarian burger, side of potatoes, and orange juice I've had in a very long time! I wish I lived in Oslo just so I could eat here! Highly recommended.

Date of visit: May 2016
3  Thank 2016MikeAndrews2016

Reviewed July 4, 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed our meal here. They brought out homemade bread with herb butter. We ordered a dried meat sampler which was small but good. My husband a
Had reindeer stew with very nice mashed potatoes. I had chèvre and bacon burger with fries which was quite good. Both servings were large. Service was simple but polite. It was a cozy and peaceful dining room despite being busy on a Sunday night.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank dixiepeach
Reviewed July 2, 2016

Dined here for dinner one night to enjoy local cuisine. The service simply ok, but the food was well worth the stop. Very tasty and good portion sizes. Americans will find it a bit pricey, but Elias is not as expensive as many places in the city. Overall a very good stop that I definitely recommend.

1  Thank Scott_M_SubGuy
Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

I made reservations for my teenage son and myself the night before, had to change time and the restaurant happily accommodated me. The food was delicious, the service frindly and, for Norway, the price was fair. I would definitely go back!

1  Thank DeBrasilia
Reviewed June 26, 2016

This is a good place if you want to try some local dishes without emptying your wallet. I'd recommend one of the fish dishes or "Finnbiff" (with reindeer meat) - after all, you can get a burger anywhere. It's also pretty cheap compared to other restaurants with similar menus. We paid around 900 kr for two main dishes, four glasses of wine, a dessert, and a coffee. What pulls this place from a five-star to a four is the ambiance, and the somewhat slow service (only two waitresses in a packed restaurant).

2  Thank 237martines