“The place for beer.”

Amundsen Bryggeri & Spiseri
Ranked #44 of 1,545 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Norwegian, Brew Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Amundsen Bryggeri & Spiseri is located nearby the Norwegian Parliament building (Stortinget), in the heart of Oslo. We serve gastro-cuisine and have one of Oslo's best selection of beer, both bottled and tap, and also from our own brewery. Ask us for recommendations!
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Cosy and lively, it has a huge variety of beers so if you're a fan, do try it out.
You can also sit outside which is warmed up with blankets and ceiling heaters or go inside that is much more bar-like. Prices are not cheap, but everything is 'properly' served and taken care of from the glasses to the atmosphere.
Didn't try the food, but it definitely looked promising!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

By Oslo style I mean Oslo prices although the beer was good. The burger was fine quite large with all the usual bits and pieces. A lively bar with a good atmosphere, nice place just to chill out with a beer

Reviewed April 5, 2014

A busy but pleasant bar in central Oslo. A good selection of Norwegian beers on top with a good number of interesting seasonal/special ones to try. Prices average for Oslo, service was OK.

Didn't eat on this occasion.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Husband T and I visited for early dinner mid week in early April.
It's a very popular place, all the tables were full and people got turned away at the door.
And in such a popular place you would imagine that they can afford to have enough people working to give us good service but no such luck.
The guy serving us was polite and friendly enogh. No waiting for either the menues or the drinks.
The beer list is extensive and quite impressive. The food menu has varieties enogh and good selection of sharing platters that looked really good. And the prizes aren't terrible either, on the food that is.
T had a hamburger and I had the fish and chips. The food arrived just when I started to wonder if they had to catch the fish first. The music in the restaurant was so loud that if our waiter said anything about the food it was impossible to hear.
My fish was one third the size that you get in a pub in London but it tasted good and the batter was nice and crispy.
The pommes frites was horrible! Dark brown and had probably been more than twice down in the cooking oil and so salty it felt like they were rolled in sand.
Since our own waitor was no where to be seen I asked his colleague for a new plate. I had nearly finished my fish when I got a bowl of new ones. They were much lighter and not as salty.
By this time I had finished my beer and wanted another one. And since no one came up to the table and asked if everything was ok it nearly went as far as T going to the bar and getting a new before some of the staff acknowledged that we wanted service.
I wanted to try the Guniess chocolate cake for dessert but unfortunately with all the waiting for new pommes frites and the beer we had no time since we were going to a concert afterwards. So when my second beer arrived we just asked for the bill.
All in all it is not a bad place. But I think if I am going back it would be for after work beers with colleagues. The service is too unattentive and the music too loud for a place were you go and relax after work. And then it is the prices 98 Norwegian kroner for a small Leffe is just too much!
It's just not worth it.

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Went here with colleagues while in Oslo. The burger was very nice and versatile to allow a wide range of burger combinations. My colleagues had the pull pork burger which looked good to.

The homemade beer was also good.

I would defo go back.