“good pub” 4 of 5 bubbles

Amundsen Bryggeri & Spiseri
Ranked #34 of 1,405 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Bar, European, Pub, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Amundsen Bryggeri & Spiseri is located nearby the Norwegian Parliament building (Stortinget), in the heart of Oslo. We serve gastro-cuisine and have one of Oslo's best selection of beer, both bottled and tap, and also from our own brewery. Ask us for recommendations!
Broxburn, United Kingdom
“good pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Decent pub good service friendly staff had a good pint of IPA, we also had something to eat burger and fish and chips (they could do with a lesson on a proper fish supper scottish style) food was fine, big selection of beers enjoy but have a few crowns in your pocket as with most things in Norway theres no cheap nights on the bevy to be had.

• Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
“Beer selection was good as was food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stopped by for a beer and some food the first night in Oslo around 8pm. Place was packed hostess was very nice offering to put us on a waiting list but we decided to come back another night. It ended up being a good idea the next time we went a bit earlier 6pm and had no trouble getting a table. Had the bangers and mash which was delicious and my father had the fish and chips which he said was also quite good. Only downfall was the beer menu was only in Norwegian. The waiter was able to give us the run down in english but a lot of the descriptions of some of the more unique beers was unreadable without a translator.

Visited May 2013
Oslo, Norway
“Nice place for a beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a nice place to go for a beer. They have one of the largest selections of beer on tap in Oslo. Amundsen Pale Ale that is brewed in the building tastes well and is highly recommended. They also have food service, but I haven't tasted it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Trondheim, Norway
“Good beer and Intentions but poor staffing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I went to Amundsen's after reading the good reviews but we had extremely bad service. The (I think) waiter was in no hurry to serve us. As we walked in he looked at his cell phone saying that the kitchen will be closed in 20 minutes and after taking our drinks order (I could not find my order on the menu due to my poor understanding of Norwegian) promising to be back. He brought the beers and took off right away to serve other tables. By the end of the 20 minutes, after taking the order of a later customer who subsequently got his order, he ask for ours but we just asked for the bill then. It was my husband's birthday and we just wanted an enjoyable evening. Instead we had to suffer through one of the most unhelpful waiter we have ever experienced.
Subsequently, after writing this to the manager, I received a very nice apology and assurance that the staff were spoken to and that the restaurant will open a little later on Sundays. With that being said, we will return again soon - the beer choice itself is worth it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lystra268
Frankfurt, Germany
“We were not even allowed in!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I 'm not sure if because we were a small party : An adult and a child..but they stayed that they were fully booked... I did not see the place packed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Geoffrey J, General Manager at Amundsen Bryggeri & Spiseri, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear mam,
After talking to my staff and looking at the reservation list I feel like you have given us an unfair rating. On the night you visited us we were completely fully booked. The fact that you had a child with you have absolutely nothing to do with it, it was a simple matter of that we did not have an empty table for you, We might not have looked ''packed'' to you because all the reservations had not yet arrived. I promise you if there had been a table available that you would have been welcomed warmly. There is a reason we are so busy, and that is not because we turn away people at the door or because we discrimenate.

I'm really sorry that this had lead to a bad experience for you. I just wish you would have waited until you had actually enjoyed our good food, beer and Hospitality before you gave us a rating.
Next time you are in town make sure to give us a Call first or book a table through our website.
With kind regards