“Good, cheap, great value!” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Kasbah
Ranked #116 of 1,405 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: The Kasbah is a cosy and different corner cafe in which to hang out, eat delicious Middle Eastern/Mediterranean food, drink, share fun stories and enjoy each others company. We also host quiz nights, open mic nights, open talks etc.
Oslo, Norway
“Good, cheap, great value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

It's a cosy, little restaurant at Alexander Kiellands plass which serves great falafel and cheap beer. If you're on a budget, the Kasbah is great value!

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“So cosy and mediterranean!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I was here with my partner at the beginning of February 2014, in a raining and cold Norwegian day. We stumbled in The Kasbah by accident, exploring an area which is few steps away from the Grünerløkka trendy area, even if a bit hidden. Once inside this restaurant/bar, we realized was a bit unique place in Oslo. It is not the usual standardized Norwegian coffee place, neither those 'fanatic-healthy-food-pharmacy-like' or super-fashion bars so diffused in Oslo today. First of all there is a soul: is Mediterranean one. The menu offers many suggestions from morocco or Lebanese food and drinks. The two rooms which compose the Kasbah are full of colours, artworks, photos and decos which remind of Mediterranean atmospheres. The music also was very cool. This is a very easy-going and cosy place do hang out with friends for a beer or a cocktail eating falafel, couscous, hummus or mezes. The waitress was very kind and helpful. We chose a hummus/falafel platter + a traditional morocco dish with some extra veggies + two teas. The quality was very good, home-made hummus and the morocco dish were great. To my personal taste just a bit oily. Pita also was good (but not homemade). We spent two very nice hours and about 300 kr. The only problem I can mention is that hot foods like couscous soups were not available, we arrived to the place at the beginning of the evening. I must say that the main feature of the place is no-doubt the atmosphere, very earthy, spontaneous, cosy, not those fashion Norwegian bars soul-less and so similar each other. Many young people/students customers but still quiet and good for an informal romance. I recommend it, for sure.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Giuseppe M
Portland, Oregon
“Amazing healthy food and fun place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I found this restaurant on TripAdvisor and am happy I did! It's not easy to find great Lebanese food in Europe. And here I am eating it in Oslo! If that's not enough the dining area is more like a chill out zone with global music and comfortable seating.

East Linton, United Kingdom
“Great for vegetarians”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

As in a previous review, this was the best meal that we had in Oslo - where being veggie is something of a challenge.

The menu is excellent, and they serve everything all day - so we had some dishes labelled "lunch friendly" in the evening. It is very economical by Oslo standards.

I have never seen hummus served with lentils (or beans) before, but now this is something I will do at home - and the pita bread was fine! There are also a few items of meat on the menu.

We didn't have coffee, but we did have draught beer, which was excellent and about half the price we paid in the hotel.
For any vegetarians staying at the Scandic Vulcan, it is just a five minute walk up the hill, but be aware that Wednesday night is Quiz night. On the Wednesday that we were there, the place was busy by 18.30

• Visited October 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best falafel ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I ate here last night with a group of people, and the food was exellent!
Great hummus and the falafel was to die for. I read in older reveiws that people disliked the pita bread, but I was pleased with the bread. It taste fresh, like straight from the oven fresh. Nice staff! Good selection of beer. A really cozy place. Absolutly worth a trip!

• Visited September 2013