“Stay here”

Comfort Hotel Grand Central
Ranked #16 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I spent a lot of time researching where to stay in expensive Oslo and I was very happy with my choice. Comfort Hotel is fun, modern yet comfortable, and extremely well located. I followed the advise of other members of Tripadvisor in my room requests and was not disappoined, we stayed twice during our week in Norway. Rooms were large with windows looking out on the square. Dont be intimidated by the train station, I didnt sense anything criminal going on - the train station is beautiful and clean with tons of eating options if you want to keep it cheap. Its also the location of the liquor store, which is the only way to purchase wine or spirits (or beer over 4% ABV) outside of expensive restaurans and bars ($20+ dollars for a glass of wine where the bottle would be $8 in the US). Head there before 6PM when they close during the week, closed on Sundays. Breakfast is outstanding - tons of options in a very lovely dining room. Note that you do need to re-lock your door when leaving the hotel by holding the key card up to the electronic panel - we didnt realize this until our second visit! I recommend this hotel fully, great experience both visits.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Biztravler
Olav L, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Biztravler.
It makes me as General Manager extra happy when guests do research about where to stay and being happy with the choice and appreciate us as a member of the Nordic Choice Hotels family. Nothing makes us, who work in the service industry, more happy than feedback from satisfied guests.

Thank you for your heartwarming feedback and information to others who are also searching for comfortable hotels in the city of Oslo. The undersigned and all my employees are sending a thank you to you and your family. Hope to see you all soon again at the Comfort Hotel Grand Central.

995 - 1,001 of 1,879 reviews

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

The location is perfect just two minutes walk from Oslo S platforms. Very very convenient of you need to catch a train early in morning to start your excursion to bergen or Flåm for example. It's for me more a "pass by" hotel than a place you would chose to stay for a whole trip if you only visit Oslo for some days.

We had a standard room for a night and we were satisfied with it although the size was quite small The bed was comfortable enough for one night and the bathroom was large (even too large compare to the room Size). No amenities and no fridge in the room.

The breakfast was standard but Fresh and good. and the sitting area quite Nice.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

This hotel is indeed the perfect stay to begin your trip in Norway when you arrive in Oslo, but i would not recomend to stay longer than 1 or 2 nights.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear ACVK,
Thank you for your stay with us. Hope the "Norway in a nutshell" trip to Bergen and Flam was a good experience and that the Norwegian fjords gave a positive contribution to your days in Norway.
We believe the hotel's location is perfect for tourists who need good, simple and a bit different hotel stay. In a listed building dating from 1884, many different rooms, a bathroom bigger than usual in some rooms,.. and it is also built many interesting and unusual solutions due to the adaptation of this old building (2 floor rooms, etc.). We have a need for several days as well, ranging from Italian restaurant to car rental (el-car). But our main purpose is to be an effective, safe hotel choice for all our guests.Thereby it makes me very happy that you found the hotel well suited for you and I hope you will use us again at the next opportunity. I wish you and yours a great summer!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

The hotel was nice enough. Not luxurious in any way, but new, clean and tidy. Ideal location.

+ Plus
Location, gym, breakfast, large plasma screen TV in the room, several channels-although mostly Norwegian, the program's are subtitled rather than dubbed, therefore perfect for anyone understanding English. Environmentally conscious.
Free WiFi, free coffee/tea in reception, friendly and helpful staff.

- minus
Wet room with very small screen. Every time we had a shower, the bathroom floor got wet.
No conditioner
No make-up mirror
The cleaning seemed half done some days, but the general standard of tidiness was good.

Be aware of
No fridge.
No safe.
One fairly flat pillow. Great for sleeping, but difficult to watch tv or play with my iPad.
Smallish towels.

Scandinavian hotels tend to be very good, and so was Comfort Hotel Grand Central. Although not luxurious.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SeductiveNomad
Olav L, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Ayana B,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience.

Our concept and philosophy is that you should not have to pay for something you do not use, so you do not have a higher price because some will have mini chocolate and small bottles of wine in the room. We have for an example a well appointed lobby shop that is open 24/7
- and while you're down there, why not ask our Service Crew on what is worth seeing in Oslo? Our knowledge beats a guidebook anytime!

The honest reason to your wet bathroom;
- the reason is that I personally THREW out the plastic molding in all rooms- that would cover the bottom of the glass wall. And the reason for that is that bacteria could aggregate into this list. I am looking for a better patent, and guests must hence experience a wet floor a few days-my fault, but to you as my guest its best -in the long term.

I look forward welcoming you both back to Comfort Hotel Grand Central.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

This hotel is effectively inside Oslo's Grand Central station although once inside the hotel you would have no idea. Whilst the accommodation is functional rather than luxurious the hotel's location, room sizes and excellent breakfast more than make up. All the main sights are within walking distance and many of the rooms over look the new opera house and the port.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Olav L, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Neil R,
I am pleased to read that you were both satisfied with your stay with us. On behalf of Comfort Hotel Grand Central, myself and my staff, we wish you both a warm welcome back to us and the city of Oslo at the next opportunity.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The hotel has a great location just by the central train station.The rooms are clean , simply decorated but comfortable. The rooms contains basic furniture but has everything you need. Rooms are very quite. Breakfast buffet was not great but ok.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Olav L, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Christina K,

Thank you for staying with us and for your kind feedback.
We are after 1 year in operation pleasantly surprised at how quiet it`s in the hotel. We are located in the heart of Oslo, and there`s almost no noises that disturb my guests- that makes all staff operating the hotel grateful, then a good night's sleep is important for you to experience the city of Oslo rested and happy!
Hope I see you back soon as our guest at the Comfort Hotel Grand Central.

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

For an hotel in the centre of Oslo this was a bad experience, the standard room was really small that u could barely move, breakfast was a bad mix of French bread and ample choices of stuff on it, if u pass through its ok for one night for the bed but nothing more then that, this is not a fantastic hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Zhanny

Dear Zhanny,

I appreciate your criticism! It`s of great importance for us to get guest feedback. Thereby we also have to tolerate to get bad feedback.

Feedback is a good way to improve the product and guest service during a stay with us.
I am also aware that we are unfortunately not always successfully meet all guests expectations. But I guarantee you that myself and all my dear colleagues have this as our main everyday performance targets.

Please feel free to contact me directly, around the clock, if I get the chance to see you again as my guest.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed here at the beginning of my trip to Oslo.
Hotel was spotless, I had everything I needed, lovely room, great location next to main sights and places.
Oslo was an expensive city but I believe Comfort hotel is great value for what you get.
Breakfast was delicious too.
I would definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Olav L, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Lila N,
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Hotel Grand Central as your hotel during your stay in Oslo. It`s highly appreciated! Glad you liked our reasonably new hotel and it is with pleasure that I send a thank you and a welcome back greetings to you both.