“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 100 Hotels in Oslo
Geneva, Switzerland
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is situated in the old Oslo train station, beside the central station.

It's quite new, and they are rooms all around the building in different variations.

Our room had a very high ceiling, a decent size, a big flat screen TV (with only one non Nordic channel), and a big, bright and clean bathroom. The only drawback was the bed which could have been more comfortable.

The breakfast also was excellent.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank OneAdvisedTravaller
Olav L, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Grand Central, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear OneAdvisedTraveller,
It's nice to read your feedback an early Monday morning in a snowy Oslo.
Glad you liked the hotel concept and breakfast. We'll see that you get a bigger and better bed during your next stay with us. We have all types of beds, twin (90cm), Queen (150/160cm) and King size (180cm) beds - Welcome back to Comfort Hotel Grand Central.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brunei Darussalam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Hotel Grand Central in the beginning of November 2012. The hotel is located in the old Oslo railway station building and both the exterior and interior of the building are aesthetically very nice.
The hotel lobby/reception area is bit of a departure from the norm but fits the overall style and concept quite well. Hotel corridors can be a bit confusing with multiple levels on one floor and winding hallways but not a big problem.
The room was really nice and spacious; most of the rooms are individually decorated and mine was one of them. Large comfortable bed, big screen TV, desk, and a vintage leather club chair all fit comfortably with room to spare. The bathroom was not the biggest I've seen but spacious enough and as the hotel is fairly new (opened Spring 2012) everything was still shiny and new. Free wifi was included and really the only drawback of the room was that - as is the case with many/most hotel rooms I've stayed in - it was a bit dark with only spot-lighting available. While this is probably not a problem for a leisure/vacation trip it makes working in the room just a bit more difficult.
The breakfast was sufficient and tasty and there was plenty of space in the breakfast room on a weekday morning.
The location of the hotel is at the railway station and that normally means that the "ususal suspects" will be hanging out in the area. However, the Oslo Central Station area has cleaned up during the recent year or so and the location is not a problem and, bearing in mind the ususal precautions when travelling, quite safe.

All in all I enjoyed my brief visit. I would stay again and recommend to friends/colleagues.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank haerski
Dear haerski,
Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay with us. I think your information will be very helpful for people who plan to stay with us in the future.

Look forward welcoming you back to Comfort Hotel Grand Central in Oslo
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel as my wife fell in love with the decor, I was not so easily suduced. However upon arrival I knew we had made a great decision. The hotel is centrally located with excellent transportation links - all public transport was within 2mins walk yet we didn't hear anything at night. Yes there is no mini bar but the reception service cold drink n offer complementary tea / coffee. The room was a little small but okay for our three night stay - although we were a little spoilt in tromso. Breakfast was a vast buffet. The staff were really friendly offering to bo resturants for us and posting our postcards. Overall definately worth staying-great value for money.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Olav L, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Grand Central, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear scott o,
It was a pleasure to have you both as our guests. We are so grateful and happy that you seemed quite pleased with our new hotel product (opened 31/4-12).

We are a hotel with a diversity and there are certainly some who find the style a bit much while others love it. Some rooms are inspired by the compact studio apartments of Brooklyn, while others have protected historical significance and many a story to tell. (Norway's first railway
track started right at this station.) Interior designer Lars Helling describes the look he has created as "industrial shabby chic".

Looking forward to seeing you both again at the Comfort Hotel Grand Central.
Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I wanted to bring my dog for this stay, and this was no problem in this hotel. The hotel is located inside the trainstation and it felt very safe when me and my travelcompanion arrived late in the evening. The service was exellent and the breakfast buffet was very good. The staff working in this hotel is a real catch. Espesially the people working in the reseption. I will use this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Charlotte N,
Thank you for your stay with us. With some few rooms dedicated to guest with pets we are a hotel that thinks of all, both those with two and four legs.
** important to mention that we also have dedicated allergy rooms**.

Your comment has been distributed internally, you contribute with refill of energy, courage and enthusiasm in everyday life. Welcome back Charlotte.
Son, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I guess I am what you can call a "high demand" customer. From the moment i booked the hotel I wrote the reception to ask for a early check-in and to request a room upgrade and late check-out ( I can request this due to my membership status in choice-member).
After a few minutes I got a reply saying that my upgrade and latecheck-out was granted and early check-in was requested but they could not guarantee this.

I arrived at 13.30 and was given an upgraded room with a window to karl-johan. The room was not big, but much larger than the smallest rooms with a view of the back yard.

The breakfast area was to small, and I had to wait for a free table with food in my hands. The food selection was also to small.

At 14.00 I left the hotel (i could have stayed untilt 18.00) as a satisfied customer, only to find out that I had forgotten my bathroom bag with everything in it.
A quick email to the reception solved the problem and i could pick up the bag the next day without any problem!
Thank you Grand Central I will stay at your hotel the next time I have to spend the night in oslo centrum.

Room Tip: upgrade your room. ask the reception which rooms have what view. avoid the smallest rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TrondM
Olav L, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Grand Central, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear TrondM.
I'm glad your stay with us met your expectations for service attitude. Our new hotel product is under constant internal evaluation and your feedback will help us along the way. Looking forward to welcoming you back!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Super central located in the main station. Rooms are absolutely quite and the one I got had a nice view to the Oslo Fjord. Room was big and had cool furniture. Bathroom was big with shower and bathtube. Unfortunately no foreign TV channels.
Breakfast is ok but lacks some features I like.There is no Espresso machine, only one sort of jam and not much variation of fruit.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Olav L, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Grand Central, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Andreas B,
Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay with us. We take your feedback seriously and the result is thereby;
- Foreign TV channel, now implemented.
- Espresso coffee, now implemented. Served on request to my waiters.

Hope to see you soon again at Comfort Hotel Grand Central Andreas B. Thank you.
Grimstad, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

The location is central but in the medium quality area of Oslo. The sentral train station is in the same building, so if you arrive Oslo by plane it is a good place to crash the first night. The car park is quite close, but expensive.
The swedish staff was friendly and efficient as always. The rooms are new, nice and comfortable with free WiFi.
The breakfast was a mix of nordic and english style, not the best but it gives a good start for most westerners.
The price was above budget level in Oslo, but I can not identify why they charge more?
Overall I enjoyed my stay and might vome back without a car another time.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Olav L, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Grand Central, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Adventureseeker1

Thank you for your comments. We are as you say a centrally located hotel. With just three minutes to the airport express, and three minutes to Oslo's main shopping district. Parking a car in Oslo is costly, I agree with you. Street parking isn`t easy to find either, but it`s there.

Would also like to inform you about our low fare booking calendar. A calendar that gives guests who has the opportunity to book hotel early many excellent and affordable nights. Read more on our website.

We look forward seeing you again as our guest. Thank you.