The Norwegian Theater (Det Norske Teatret)
Review Highlights
The best theatre in Norway

I think this is the best theatre in Norway! They have program for every age, even babies! And they... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Nordjente
Oslo, Norway
via mobile
Book of mormons - perfect

Perfect place for the hike group, even the ones who don’t tend to visit the theatre too often lived... read more

Reviewed November 27, 2018

from $86.67
from $44.85
from $89.71
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 11, 2016

This theatre's programme is played in one of Norway's official Languages, "nynorsk", - a Language I am not very fond of. But I Accept it at this theatre because I find this theatre has the best programme of all the theatres in Oslo. Every time I am in Oslo, I check out first the programme at this theatre because I am always so impressed and very happy every time I have been to a performance at Det Norske Theater.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed August 4, 2016

After Reading many raving reviews, I had to try out the dining area of the theater. Took a long time to get the attention of a jaded server, and the lunch menu was minimal. Ordered a turkey sandwich, which was sloppily put together and not Worth the price. I'd stay away. -- Couldn't get anyone's attention to pay the bill, and had to track Down someone, who seemed irked at the bother. A dreadful experience. Might have been better With another menu Choice, and they did offer a good variety of Things to drink, but the sandwich was a bust.

Date of experience: November 2015
2  Thank 18Stephen90
Reviewed August 16, 2015

an interesting place to visit for a general discovery, it is near many other intersting places so you can do many things at once

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed May 4, 2015

Great show.
Very good actors and also scenery and directing.
The show is in Norwegian (Nynorsk), and if you are not familiar with the story, you really need to understand the language.

Date of experience: May 2015
Reviewed May 13, 2012

And also most visited. I've seen many of the plays here. They cater widely, so I don't like everything, however, I've very often been surprised. I also find I*m rather spoiled, because going to any other theater in Oslo, I very often find them vastly inferior. So DNT holds a high standard.

Date of experience: October 2011