“sea food on the sea”

Cuisines: French, Italian, Mediterranean, Spanish, Norwegian, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2014

we were on a sunday and the shellfish plate was half price , good beginning... on the terrasse we had a very nice table close to the sea and boats , and view over the castlle , sunny. Very sympathic and professionnal waiter , i don't know about the cooking level we just had shellfish.
Coming from the south of France this kind of terrasse is what i am looking for when i need eat oysters and shellfish , i think this kind of terrasse is the only one in Oslo. It's not cheap but i plan to come back.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Living in Oslo, I had my dad visiting from Germany. He wanted to invite us to a good bye dinner in a water front setting and he was dazzled by Onda's wonderful location at the waterfront. I had booked a table and we were welcomed warmly which was basically the most positive event of the night. Our table was fine - outside, like requested. Water was poured, after 15 minutes we got the menues. After 20 minutes our order was taken. It was getting chilly so we requested a gaz/warming lamp to be lit. Out of 10 lamps surrounding us none were functioning, expect one burning for 10 minutes. This inspired the staff to bring out 2 blankets. Why have lamps if none work? ONE HOUR after our order the starters arrived. Obviously we ordered some more wine for the now presented food. I have to state that at no time during the evening, except when the bottles were opened, the waiter poured wine. The food was nice- and we ate it with heart as we were quite hungry by now. By the time the plates were removed, we had to wait for another 30 minutes for the main course. At no time during the evening the waiter thought it would be tough on a 4 year old to wait 1,5 h for her food. She ate most of the bread which was served - no appetite remaining for the meal we had ordered for her. Some of us ordered King crab, which involves eating with your fingers at some point. We only had normal forks for handling the crab, no lobster fork- strange--at a seafood restaurant. No clean wipes or a bowl of lemon water to clean the fingers.I guess they expected you to lick them clean.... Our good mood had disappeared by now. There a small things that you are willing to ignore but once the thorn gets a chance to settled in your side you just notice the faux-pas. The waiter team bustled around and had noticed our drop in mood - trying to settle things by offering our 4 year old daughter an ice cream. Sorry, (rolling eyes), that just doesn't cut it. We asked to talk to the head waiter (hovmester) to let him know about the events of the evening. Well, no point knocking on that door....he just did not get it or did not want to get it: he explained if we had talked to him before we could have treated us with a bottled of wine or a desert. We should have let him know before. Ohhhh, yes - that his how it works. About 4000 NOKs later, 4 adults/one child eating, he gave us his card asking us to ask for him next time we chose ONDA - he could "fix" something for us. I just did not know whether to laugh or cry, But I was very, very embarrassed over this very poor service and can only recommend anyone who is considering ONDA to choose anywhere else to go. There are plenty other restaurants near by, one just across on the other side of the fjord for example. I just had to check with a couple of my colleagues about ONDA - asking if they has tried this place. Without even telling them about my experience they told me similar stories about bad service and mix ups. I don't expect ONDA to make until next summer...... I will never again visit ONDA or recommend it.

1  Thank Erbekka
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We had a mixed grill at Onda and it was very well made and we got a table right away and it really was price worthy for being Oslo. So drop by if you don't where to go and are unsure about other places quality because this was more then ok.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We went here for our anniversary and decided for the oysters for starters. The waiter recommended the least expensive oysters - however we chose the Tsarskaya with a little more taste - very nice. For the main course I had the cod with tomatoes and artichokes - delicious!! Best cod I have ever eaten!! For dessert we chared a Pannacotta. The waiters were very attentive and Nice. I would absolutely recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank Vibeke S
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Service was excellent.
Pricey but good quality.

I had the fish soup, and I have eaten a lot better.
Prawn sandwiches - they called them somehing else - were good, but the best thing is the position, wonderful views out over the water. A place to have a good lunch if you don't care about value for every penny.

1  Thank R0wels