“Home away from home.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Fedora - CLOSED

Cafe Fedora
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Cajun & Creole, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Home away from home.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I am so gonna miss this place when I move. I've never been to a place like this, the atmosphere is so open and friendly I was hooked from the very first day! Not to mention the soul food! They make pecan pie that is better then my grandma's. but please don't tell her I said so.

• Visited August 2013

London, United Kingdom
“YUMMMMMMMMMMY!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

A friend of mine lives in Oslo and told me about this great little cafe that does excellent American style food with a brilliant atmosphere and hosts. So, made my way to the cafe for late lunch when I arrived and I have to say that Cafe Fedora definitely did not disappoint!

I was there 3 days and ate there every day, one day twice. First time, I ordered the Mac n Cheese and it was the BEST I have ever had, I am not exaggerating. It was creamy without being mushy and the crunchy topping made it divine. I have since tried to make it and still have not even come close! It came with a side of salad, and normally I don't like salad that much, but damned if I didn't eat all of it cause the dressing was the BOMB!

To shorten my review here's my breakdown of the following food items from their menu that I tried:

Fried chicken gumbo - rice and chicken and oh my days BLISSFUL all together in a nice big bowl with some amazing cornbread
Breakfast burrito - massive burrito with eggs and cheese and spice and just goodness
Pancakes - fluffy light cakes of awesome
Fried chicken and mashed potatoes - seriously crunchy double dipped chicken and super creamy fabulous potatoes
Key Lime Pie - ummm... ok only one way to describe this one... Orgasmic, this is again the BEST one I have ever tasted, I should know I grew up in Florida!
Red Velvet Cupcakes - Oh yessssssssssss
Homemade lemonade - just right, tart and sweet at the same time, cold and refreshing

I'm of Caribbean descent so I am used to food that has a LOT of spice and flavour and I normally put salt on everything, even salted food I had in a well known and expensive steak place in London but not once did I need to pick up the salt shaker here. Everything was flavoured perfectly.

And don't get me started on the service. They were absolutely fabulous. I was in there a couple of times when they were slammed but not once did they rush us out to make way for other customers and it was amazing to watch the staff balance great service and a family style friendliness that did not once waver. They made you want to sit and eat and come back and eat some more, only you were too full to do so and the food was so good it sent you into that food coma that you get around holiday times!

I would wholeheartedly recommend eating here any time you are in Oslo. I have lived in the US, UK, Europe and the Caribbean and this place is definitely in my top 5 places to eat.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Ysabeaux
“Made My Tastebuds Dance !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Today I hit Cafe Fedora and opted for their Veggie Omelette. Spending extensive time travelling the globe in my job and as well as privately I dine out more than the average person and feel competent enough to review their omelette agains those of other breakfast and lunch places around the globe. Their Veggie Omelette was fresh in taste and came with a delcious salad, which in combination made my tastebuds do the rumba ! To top this off their friendly, outgoing and smiling staff makes you feel welcomes you in natural and genuine way making you feel at home.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank OneWorldExplorer
Oslo, Norway
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

The place is VERY cozy and the staff attentive, but the food was a huge disappointment! My husband ordered the mac’n’cheese as he was very hungry and it was the most expensive item on the menu so he thought the portion had to be very big and I tried the Ceasar Salad. My salad was large, but not very good, the chicken was a little bit dry and the sauce was not as tasty as I had hoped either… But the largest disappointment was the mac’n’cheese which turned out to be very small and uninspiring in taste. I guess this is a perfect place for a coffee and cake, but I would eat somewhere else. (Kolonihagen across the road serves much better food, or if you are a fan of Ceasar Salads; The Laundromat at Bislett has a delicious one!)

Visited July 2013
4 Thank lenkre
Drammen, Norway
“cosy, but boring food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I guess this place is popular for americans stuck in oslo, cause they do have a lot of american comfort food like mack and cheese on the menu. its a nice little place, but the food is kind of boring. not the best of ingredients and not the best presentation. ok prices for oslo.

Visited June 2013