“Great food and service - don't miss it!”
Review of Cafe Fedora - CLOSED

Cafe Fedora
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Diner, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Excellent food and the best service you can find in Oslo. You cant find anything else like it in the city. You will leave happy and satisfied!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Sunday after church I suggested to my family and friends to go for an American brunch. The response was: naaah, we hate hamburgers... Ha! Little did they know how delicious and variative food we were to get at the Fedora cafe! The common misconception of what real American food might be is unfortunate, and we hope to come back for more Macaroni and Cheese, for good coffee, for burritos, not to speak of things we have not tried yet. Had to google what grits was, and now want to try that as well as pecan pie and "red velvet" cupcakes, whatever that might be :))). Of course, the special thanks goes to the positive and friendly service, though I am sure it must be tough to work so hard all day and still smile to all the guests! Thank you for that!

3  Thank Oslo_Momma
Reviewed July 7, 2013

It's hard to find genuine American food in Oslo, but this is the real deal!
At Cafe Fedora, you will be greeted by friendly, American staff and will be served homemade American dishes.
These folks know what Americans want, and cook it to perfection!

1  Thank ChrysH
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I always order macaroni and cheese at Cafe Fedora. It's the best! Their Texas Chili is great but a tad spicy for me and it comes with a side of cornbread that is out of this world. They have homemade milkshakes; I always get chocolate. Nicole's red velvet cupcakes are to die for; they are very rich with a lot of icing, just the way I like them. They always have an assortment of pies and brownies. Oh I can't forget grits. Oh my gosh their grits are good! The cafe is relaxed and cozy. My favorite spot is a small table right inside the door with a sofa and two plush chairs.
-Catherine A.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Cafe Fedora is a nice little place which is really US-American: You'll get cheerful welcomes, typical, *good* and honestly prepared US-American food and many kinds of coffee. Of course, there are the nice side-kicks as muffins and lemon pie, too. If you need to compensate the Norwegian shynes and calm, then this is the right program. If you go for brunch, try the breakfast burrito for you allone - or share it!

Down-sides: The calory content is also original US-American (i.e. high) and there are no free top-ups. Unfortunately, the credit card terminal takes Norvegian Visa only (for technical reasons, as was explained to me).

FedoraOslo, Owner at Cafe Fedora, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

HI filousoph,

Thank you for your review and coming to our little cafe while you were visiting Oslo. We at Cafe Fedora work very hard to make everyone feel at home and is always genuine and sincere, which we feel is always a "good" thing. But I would like to address your calorie content comment as American food is fattening is a common miss-conception that we are determine to overcome. First and foremost, my wife and I created Cafe Fedora to showcase American food in the light before cheeseburgers, hot dogs and pizza, that took over the image of American cuisine. As many of our customers have express, this was what they considered "American food." We will never have a cheeseburger, pizza or hot dog on our menu because we feel that American cuisine has so much more to offer. Which is why we offer many salads, soups, Texas chili, with homemade dressings and bake goods that are from scratch with no preservatives. Nothing is deep fried at Cafe Fedora! You came on the weekend this pass Sunday and enjoyed our brunch which features classic American breakfast items such as pancakes, omelets, hash browns, but have salad options and all menu items can be vegetarian. I hope the next time you come to Oslo, you will try us again and we would love to introduce you to new flavors of American cuisine.

All the best,