Thon Hotel Linne
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjob relatedi strongly recommend this hotelthe hotel staffquiet hotelsubway stationcity centrestay there againgreat breakfastbreakfast buffetminute walknorwayrefurbishingkettletvdesk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 5, 2013

A hotel outside the city center, aprox 30 min with walk and underground. I het a new room, small but nice for one person. Informal and very gentle staff. To warm in the rooms, it should atleast been five degrees down.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sunnm
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Looking at the location of the hotel and at the reviews here I was a bit nervous when I found our travel agent had booked us in here. I needn't have worried - it was great.
Firstly, location. Easily reached by the FlyBus Express from the airport. The bus stops at the bottom of the road and there is a three minute walk to the hotel. On the way you pass the metro stop which is dead convenient - regular service gets you to the very centre of the city in about ten minutes. Actually more convenient than many 'City Centre' hotels. Being in a mixed residential and commercial district means that the area immediately around the hotel doesn't have a lot to offer - but it is so easy to get into the city.

Secondly the hotel itself. It is now the 'Thon Hotel Linne' and they have invested a lot of money in refurbishing the hotel, including putting in extra floors. Our room was superb - good size and very comfortable. And Thon hotels give you a kettle a and drinks in the room! Anyone who has paid a ridiculous amount for a cup of appalling tea in Norway knows how important that is. The staff were very helpful and well trained. On their advice we bought, from the, a 24 hour Oslo Pass which gave us all our metro and ferries and admission to nearly all of the museums etc. This worked out very well for us.

Unreservedly recommended

Room Tip: Ask for one of the new rooms in the top floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Martin G
Reviewed August 4, 2012

After reading several reviews about this hotel I was worried when work sent me here. But I was proven wrong. They have recently opened 3 brand spanking new floors with rooms. I got 913 which on good days has an ocean view:D

Amazing bed, modern and welcoming room. Excelent breakfast.

Staff at the front desk was service minded and did an excelent job helping me with restaurants in the city and things to do. Oslo is a beautifull city for a Queenslander and Thon Hotel Linne is perfectly situated for one that enjoys the outdoors and the city. Only a 10 min metro ride to the city centre,

Room Tip: Ask for a new room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank viking76
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stayed here because couldn’t get last minute accommodations elsewhere and needed to be here for a conference. Would rather have paid to sleep in another city and drive in. Room was beyond filthy, things growing in the bathroom, staff were never around to assist with anything, hotel is very dark and food gave me an upset stomach. Sleep in your car if you need to instead of sleeping here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I had a last-minute business trip to Oslo and due to some conventions in town I had difficulties finding any accommodations in Oslo until I was able to secure a reservation at this hotel.
I arrived very late in Oslo after a delay with my flight from Amsterdam and took the bus to Oslo as it stopped close to the hotel. After feeling a bit nervous going through this dreary part of the city I made it to the hotel, only to find the lobby full of disgruntled people and a very sour front desk (night) clerk. What I gathered was that these people were being told that there were no rooms for them. When I was finally helped, I greeted the clerk and showed her my reservation confirmation. She took the paper checked her system and then looked up and me and said "sorry, we have no room or mention of you." I told her that I had prepaid my stay and she said it was not her problem and that there were no other hotels in the area! I persisted with her and she then found a room for me in Lillestrom, about 25 mins away. I kept asking what was wrong, but I kept getting a response of "I am only the night clerk."
The following day I contacted the hotel manager. I asked her what had happened and how the hotel could have given my room away to someone else and she just said that the reservations crew had neglected to close the reservations system when the hotel was in fact full. Furthermore I got a simple "we're sorry for this" and that was it. Very, very frustrating. But what was most distrubing was that even after the hotel admitted to their fault and found me another hotel, they did not offer to cover my additional taxi costs, which is already very expensive in Norway.
In the end I didn't stay at this property, but I think that it was an omen in the end. What I saw looked ever so bleak and the personnel looked rather disgruntled. And the area was not very nice either.
Will I return? No way!