“Nice, quiet and a sink besides the bed....”
Review of Thon Hotel Linne

Thon Hotel Linne
Ranked #62 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
Godvik - Norway
“Nice, quiet and a sink besides the bed....”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The hotel is 20 minutes off the center of Oslo, the bus stops right outside the hotel - the underground gives you about 5 - 10 minutes walk to the hotel.
The area around the hotel is nice, appartments and private house makes the area quiete. The hotel gives breakfast - a good norwegian breakfast. It gives you a great start of the day.
Now; the room. For the first time in my life, travelling all over Europe and in USA/Canada I got the pleasure of experiencing at sink in the room. Yes, a sink in the room. Not in the bathroom that had a shower and a toilet (you had to almost go backward to the closet...yeah!!) but besides the bed.
The beds where to soft for my parts, then again thats a personal opinion. Nice price for the stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed June 5, 2013

A hotel outside the city center, aprox 30 min with walk and underground. I het a new room, small but nice for one person. Informal and very gentle staff. To warm in the rooms, it should atleast been five degrees down.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sunnm
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Looking at the location of the hotel and at the reviews here I was a bit nervous when I found our travel agent had booked us in here. I needn't have worried - it was great.
Firstly, location. Easily reached by the FlyBus Express from the airport. The bus stops at the bottom of the road and there is a three minute walk to the hotel. On the way you pass the metro stop which is dead convenient - regular service gets you to the very centre of the city in about ten minutes. Actually more convenient than many 'City Centre' hotels. Being in a mixed residential and commercial district means that the area immediately around the hotel doesn't have a lot to offer - but it is so easy to get into the city.

Secondly the hotel itself. It is now the 'Thon Hotel Linne' and they have invested a lot of money in refurbishing the hotel, including putting in extra floors. Our room was superb - good size and very comfortable. And Thon hotels give you a kettle a and drinks in the room! Anyone who has paid a ridiculous amount for a cup of appalling tea in Norway knows how important that is. The staff were very helpful and well trained. On their advice we bought, from the, a 24 hour Oslo Pass which gave us all our metro and ferries and admission to nearly all of the museums etc. This worked out very well for us.

Unreservedly recommended

Room Tip: Ask for one of the new rooms in the top floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Martin G
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed August 4, 2012

After reading several reviews about this hotel I was worried when work sent me here. But I was proven wrong. They have recently opened 3 brand spanking new floors with rooms. I got 913 which on good days has an ocean view:D

Amazing bed, modern and welcoming room. Excelent breakfast.

Staff at the front desk was service minded and did an excelent job helping me with restaurants in the city and things to do. Oslo is a beautifull city for a Queenslander and Thon Hotel Linne is perfectly situated for one that enjoys the outdoors and the city. Only a 10 min metro ride to the city centre,

Room Tip: Ask for a new room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank viking76
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stayed here because couldn’t get last minute accommodations elsewhere and needed to be here for a conference. Would rather have paid to sleep in another city and drive in. Room was beyond filthy, things growing in the bathroom, staff were never around to assist with anything, hotel is very dark and food gave me an upset stomach. Sleep in your car if you need to instead of sleeping here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Oslo hotels

Netherlands
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I had a last-minute business trip to Oslo and due to some conventions in town I had difficulties finding any accommodations in Oslo until I was able to secure a reservation at this hotel.
I arrived very late in Oslo after a delay with my flight from Amsterdam and took the bus to Oslo as it stopped close to the hotel. After feeling a bit nervous going through this dreary part of the city I made it to the hotel, only to find the lobby full of disgruntled people and a very sour front desk (night) clerk. What I gathered was that these people were being told that there were no rooms for them. When I was finally helped, I greeted the clerk and showed her my reservation confirmation. She took the paper checked her system and then looked up and me and said "sorry, we have no room or mention of you." I told her that I had prepaid my stay and she said it was not her problem and that there were no other hotels in the area! I persisted with her and she then found a room for me in Lillestrom, about 25 mins away. I kept asking what was wrong, but I kept getting a response of "I am only the night clerk."
The following day I contacted the hotel manager. I asked her what had happened and how the hotel could have given my room away to someone else and she just said that the reservations crew had neglected to close the reservations system when the hotel was in fact full. Furthermore I got a simple "we're sorry for this" and that was it. Very, very frustrating. But what was most distrubing was that even after the hotel admitted to their fault and found me another hotel, they did not offer to cover my additional taxi costs, which is already very expensive in Norway.
In the end I didn't stay at this property, but I think that it was an omen in the end. What I saw looked ever so bleak and the personnel looked rather disgruntled. And the area was not very nice either.
Will I return? No way!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank dp_visser
Wroclaw, Poland
Reviewed August 28, 2008

I was stying in this hotel on business trip fortunately just 2 nights. In my opinion this place is awful, from the new pictures I can see it was renovated, but when I was there in 2006 it was not so...
The rooms are dark and claustrophobic, area depressive (especially if you are there in the middle of winter), breakfast so far I remember nothng special. So if you can avoid this place and even if you want to be close to business area, i.e. Siemens, stay in the city - Majorstuen and take the metro to Linden.

• Liked — Probably nothing
  • Disliked — Rooms, breakfast, location, atmosphere
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Swiatka