The hotel is in an old building next to the Storting and right on the main street Karl Johan. This can be both good and bad. It is very central but can be quite noisy if you have a room facing the street. We stayed on the fifth floor but with a festival in the nearby park we could hear music late in the night in our room. The room itself was pretty spacious but there was a bad smell from the pipes in the bath tub. There is no air conditioning but there was a fan in the room which we didn't use as the weather was quite cool. The breakfast was ordinary but quite OK. The staff is overall friendly and we would stay at this hotel again on another visit to Oslo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Oslo's main street and in the heart of the city centre lies this historic hotel from 1899. Next to the Parliament and within immediate walking distance to a variety of museums, attractions, shops, bars and restaurants. The hotel has 114 rooms, as well as 5 meeting rooms with a maximum capacity of 70 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Karl Johan Hotell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Karl Johan Hotell Hotel Oslo
- Norlandia Karl Johan Hotell Oslo