Hotel Continental Oslo
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
1,656 results
All reviewsleading hotels of the worldmolton brown toiletriesnational theatretrain stopjunior suiterenovated roomclassic hotelbeautiful roomstar hotelexcellent hotelaker bryggehighly recommend this hotellobby barperfect locationroyal palacegrand hotelcity hall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Right in the heart of downtown Oslo. We had an outside room which was larger than any we had stayed at on our trip. The best part was the balcony which looked west (a bit hot in the late day), and a nice view of the busy street below. We called for ice and received an ice bucket completely full within a few minutes. We called about a light bulb out in the bathroom, and it was replaced within minutes. We were given robes and slippers for our stay also. Service was over the top! And breakfast was amazing! (See photo)

Room Tip: Ask for an outside room if you want a street view. Ours had a balcony, but I'm not sure if all outside rooms do.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Arriving in Oslo during the latest days of June we were confronted by an unusually rough weather with cold rain and wind. These have been at least partially compensated by the warmth of the hotel's interior, both that of the people and of the atmosphere.
Located downtown, very close to the main train station, it offers an ideal position to manage your business requirements. The lobby is elegant due its old times refinement. Being squeezed between arrival and a business meeting shortly afterwards I had a luncheon there; the choice was not very wide but the taste was OK. The service was efficient .
The room has been rather small but well appointed ;been happy to find enough sockets to recharge my devices and easy to access good quality wi-fi.
Next morning the breakfast has been of the best in memory ! A lot of top quality choices and a warm pleasant place to have it
The checkout took a few minutes so I could catch my train back to the faraway airport.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2013

A hotel with so much promise and yet fell down at virtually every turn. I had booked four bedrooms but they were of such varying standard it was embarrassing for my guests. My suite was very pleasant, newly decorated and refurbished but not exceptional. However two other rooms were dowdy and poorly equipped. Admittedly they were due for modernisation but no allowance was made in the charges for that. If my husband had been with me he would have walked out. What compounded the situation was the lack of service. When there was a problem with the air conditioning and television, we were promised correction but then at the end of the day returned to find the problems unresolved. I complained only to be told no engineer was working that day as it was a Bank Holiday! No one had informed us - I felt no one remotely cared.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Abigail58
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The best possible location in central Oslo, near the shops, theatres, castle, business area and Aker Brygge. High standard and the best service I have experienced in Norway. Large and comfortable room (deluxe double room). The breakfast is good, but I have seen it better other places.

Room Tip: There are inside and outside rooms. The inside rooms are quiet, but have no view of the city. Choose inside if you prefer quiet nights, outside if you prefer a view. The area is not noisy in the weekdays (no traffic), but there might be some party noise friday and saturday nights.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The Check- in was at 3 pm, since our arrival was at 10 am. We decided to explore the place till our room was ready. Must emphasize that the location of the hotel is fantastic. The National theater, town hall, pedestrian street - Karl's Johan Gate, royal palace ( undergoing construction), harbour boat trips is just in the approx. proximity of the hotel. So even if you are on business or leisure trip and want to explore the city. This hotel could be an excellent choice. Our superior room was on the 8th floor in the interior of the corridor. As we dint want to be disturbed by the street noise. Our room was not too big for a superior room, but well maintained and clean. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable except that the water temperature in the shower was not stable. WiFi works fine though not with great speed at all times. The breakfast buffet is good and the staff are very pleasant and discreet at the same time. Will very likely visit again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple