“Excellent pasta. Very good service. Beautiful ambience, inside and out. Expensive.”

Olivia Hegdehaugsveien
Ranked #119 of 1,560 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Autentiske italienske smaker i hyggelige, uformelle og livlige omgivelser. Hos oss får du alt fra steinovnsbakt pizza, klassiske pastaretter og antipasti til kjøtt, fisk, salater og salater. Lunt interiør og alltid fyr i peisene. Benvenuti!
Reviewed June 16, 2013

After a late flight in to Oslo, we dropped by at closing time on Sunday (11 pm) and they graciously let us in and had the chef stick around to prepare some really delicious pasta dishes for us. We arrived very hungry, but left full and happy. Inside and out, Olivia is a very intimate and lovely spot. Our first visit to Norway, we understand that Oslo is a very expensive city and I have to say that our meal here did confirm this.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

nice buzz around the place- very busy, Friendly service. Food ok guess Norwegian Italian is different than British Italian. As Brits we found it eye wateringly expensive- but we did everywhere we ate
I think it's a real shame the outside eating area counts as outside, so people smke. For us it was the eating area

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Olivia is a relatively new chain of italian inspired restaurants in Oslo. They are all located in "hot spots" so be aware of the possibility to book a table in advance.

Food consist of authentic italian classics. Wine selection is ok, but the beer selection is poor.

The seating area includes both indoor and outdoor, and I reccomend to sit outside if the weather allows.

A good place for lunch or casual dinner for couples, friends or family.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I think this restaurant is all about the feeling. It's pefect for a romantic date, or an evening with friends. However, the food wasn't that great. It was just sort of "fine". I had a pizza that wasn't all that great. I think the others I were more satisfied with their orders. Also, the waitress got several orders wrong. Would I recommend it? YES! It's a very nice restaurant, just don't expect to be blown away.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was my third visit to the restaurant and it was another Saturday lunch. The place was packed, both inside and outside. We had to wait for 20 minutes to be seated and the only place available was on the bar table.
The other guests were a mix of families, couples and groups of friends in all ages. The atmosphere is cozy with lots of candles.
Service was probably the slowest I've experienced at any of Olivia's restaurants. I know it was a busy day, but still we had to wait a long time for both drinks and dinner.
The pizza was not as great as it used to be. It was very skinny, dry and crispy, almost like flat bread. The food looked like it had been tossed together very quickly and not made with love. It usually has a higher standard than on this particular Saturday. I was disappointed, but I know there's no need to complain because they will tell you that on busy days you can't expect the same level of quality. Not a good excuse!
Sodas from dispenser is another drawback, I prefer bottles!
I might be back for an evening meal, but as a lunch spot I think I will go somewhere else in the future.