“Old and overpriced rooms. Feels like mid 3 stars”
Review of Scandic Solli

Scandic Solli
Ranked #32 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Other than that the staff is friendly, the breakfast is ok, ironing board in all rooms, parking available at a cost, there is a small counter to buy forgetable items. The bar was closed when we got in at 11:30pm. On previous occasions we tried the restaurant but it was not worth it. Better to take a walk to Akerbrygga and grab a bite there. Stay at this hotel if it is close to the venue o/wise there should be better alternatives at this price level.

• Stayed: October 2012
Magne J, General Manager at Scandic Solli, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Hello!

Tank you for youre review. Im very happy that you focus on our good sides as well. There are some worn roomes, the good news is that we start refurbishing them primo 2012.

Hopefully we will see you at Scandic KNA again.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Very nice hotel with a perfect location. The food is fantastic, the staff is very kind and helpfull and the rooms are nice and clean. I must say it's value for money and you have a wlking distance to som very nice seens in Oslo. I will stay here again :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Magne J, General Manager at Scandic Solli, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Hi Krille!

Thanx alot for your review. Alot of nice words which I look foreward to show all our empoyees!

Very Welcome back to Scandic KNA.

Magne jacobsen

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I ordered a single room for myself and because I am a member I thought taking my wife would cause no trouble. When I mailed in two weeks before my stay to tell that my wife was joining me it was fully booked. A girl called Hege Svingen rotated several rooms for us to get what we wanted. So Scandic, this girl made our stay in Oslo very nice. Take care of her.

Room Tip: Cleaning... I found half a bottle of wine(I guess, the label said so) behind a chair... So cleaning...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TrondEsben

Hi!

Thanx alot for your review, its was amazing to show it to Hege, our rerervations manager. She is really good! Sorry about the wine bottle, will not happen again!

Come back to us soon!

Magne Jacobsen
General Manager Scandic KNA.

Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Have just got back from a lovely four night stay here. The location is great, less than a 15 minute walk from most city centre attractions, and our room was modern, comfortable and clean. With food prices in Norway being significantly higher than the UK, this hotel is worth it for the extensive buffet breakfast alone!

My only criticisms would be the lack of air conditioning (as in July it got a bit warm in the room at night - we ended up sleeping with the balcony door open) and the beds (twin beds pushed together into a double, but not zipped together)

Overall, this hotel is good value for money - I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank MissGDerbyshire

Hi!

Thanx alot for your review! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay here. And youre right, the beds sould be zipped, we will look into that. It can become a bit warm on some summer days - im sorry for that.

Hopefully you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I liked this hotel a lot, the location of the hotel is very good. Excellent food, and the staff are very polite and nice. I recommend this hotel for everyone!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charlotte J

Hi Charlotte.

Thanks alot for you very nice review of Scandic KNA.

You are very welcome to visit us again!

Reviewed June 15, 2012

BAD:
- Old room & forniture
- No Frigo in my room
- TV out of service
- Shower with problems

GOOD:
- Continental breakfast
- Position in Oslo
- People

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear dariocarla!

Thank you for your review. Im sorry that your total impression was quite low. Although Im glad that you were satsified with our staff and loactions. Scandic KNA will be renovated during the next before next summer - hopefully you will come back at check us out then.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

The location of the hotel is very good, easy to find and a nice, polite staff. The room was clean

The standard of the hallways seem old and out of date, and my room was even worse. No minibar, poorly lighting, no airconditioner so I had to keep my windows open and the traffic woke me up a few times at night, uncomfortable sitting group, the bathroom smelled like there's moist underneath the tiles, the wifi was close to useless and a really old TV set. I expected alot more for that price. The breakfast was ok but I thought everything I ate tasted a bit salty, even the pancakes.

Room Tip: Get a rom that has been renovated lately
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Magne J, General Manager at Scandic Solli, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Hello Per-Torben.

I am deeply sorry that youre stay at Scandic KNA didnt meet your expectations. About our Wifi, the has been a problem for us for a while in a few rooms, we are working hard to solve it. When it comes to the room, the worn ones will be renewed during the next 12 months. Our breakfast usually get full score, im sorry that you felt it all tasted a bit salty, we will of course look into it.

Thank your nice words about our location.

I would be very happy if you chooes to give us another chance.