“Good value in the center of Oslo”
Review of Hotell Bondeheimen

Hotell Bondeheimen
Ranked #46 of 101 Hotels in Oslo
norway
“Good value in the center of Oslo”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

A good alternative in he center of Oslo. Close to museums, the main theatres and restaurants. Clean with helpful staff. Booked a single room but was given a double. Window towards a noisy street made it difficult to sleep during friday and saturday night. Good breakfast in the cafeteria every morning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank audis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Pune, India
Reviewed June 9, 2013

A great location, good sized rooms, a really sumptuous breakfast make this a super place to stay. Helpful staff though they weren't able to really suggest good budget eating places. Price includes free wifi & breakfast plus a 25% discount on the parking rate at a nearby parking lot (though with the one ways, it takes a bit of finding). We left something behind and when we called the staff located it and held it till it was collected by friends a couple of days later. We had a family room with four rooms and had a comfortable stay for our one night.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ApurvNagpal
Edinburgh, Scotland
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed for one night on way back from Lofoten Islands. Not impressed by check-in......one female member of staff (lunchtime check-in on 25/3) made herself very busy dealing with paperwork and avoiding eye contact with us, so we had to hang around till her colleague was free. The female colleague who was on the next morning was much friendlier and more helpful.
Food selection not as good for lunch or breakfast as the publicity material would have you believe. But comfortable enough, and handy for a visit to the Ice Bar which is about 300 yards up the road. Also 5 mins walk from National Theatre station which you can use for the airport train.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Douglas04
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have to say the location of he hotel is perfect ,however the room they gave me was basically a meeting room with two doors and they converted it temporarily to a bed room ,and when I complained they said it's the only room they have although I booked through a traveling agency weeks ago.
When I returned to my room next day of my check in after I had my breakfast in the restaurant down stairs ,I discovered that my wallet and all my money that in it are stolen ,the manager didn't offer any help except he gave me free phone call to cancel all my credit cardst,the hotel didn't have any CCTV or anything to trace who accessed my room.the manger tried to convince me that the wallet was stolen from me while I was having breakfast in the resturant which make it even worse.

• Stayed May 2013
7 Thank Soumaz
Connecticut
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located near the central train station and the esplanade. Our room was spacious, updated and had its own router for excellent wifi service. The breakfast was excellent, especially the coffee machine.....expresso, cappuccino, etc. You can walk everywhere in Oslo from this hotel's central location.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LSHConnecticut
Khartoum, Sudan
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is a very basic hotel with great location, right at the center of Oslo and with the airport bus pulling up basically right to the door. The breakfast buffet was totally OK, coffee was horrible but they had a great selection of scandinavian stuff like fil and kaviar.

My first night I was given quite a horrible small room (427) with a minuscule bed, facing the backyard. It felt a bit like being in a prison cell. However, one the second day I had the weirdest experience ever! I came back late at night to my room but for some reason I couldn't open my room. I tried several times but the key just didn't work. Suddenly, an older man in underwear opened the door and said angrily: "you don't live here!" I was in shock. I had to double-check but that was really the room where I had been staying the night before and where I had left all my stuff. I went to the reception and told them about what had happened. The guy checked something on his computer and then said, very relaxed: "oh, someone must just have moved you". He gave me a key to another room and i went and checked, all my stuff was there! But I was so angry!! Who does that type of a thing without letting you know? They had just gone through all my stuff and moved it to another room. And they didn't even apologize!!! I am sorry, but that is just not acceptable! i am therefore rating it a 1, otherwise it would have been a 3.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
9 Thank Elina S

Travelers are raving about these Oslo hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here over Easter in march and were looking for something cheap although nothing is cheap in Norway we came to find. Luckily we had ordered breakfast with our room as food is also very expensive and the spread provided was good value. The reception staff were friendly and helpful but the room was very basic. With no coffe tea making facility or a safe or the ability to switch on the bathroom lights without also turning on the bedroom lights I discovered at 2 am after being woken up by my boyfriend going to the loo! There was no view but location was pretty decent. I would also recommend you avoid using taxis at all costs as they are ridiculously pricey.

• Stayed March 2013