“Lovely place, wonderful food”
Review of Restaurant Ni & Tyve - CLOSED

Restaurant Ni & Tyve
Cuisines: Norwegian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sentrum
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Had a wonderful five course menu here with accompanying wine menu. Lovely food, fine service and fine wines. The building is gorgeous and elegant yet with a cozy feel to it. If you can afford the food then do try this out - but yeah, the menu is slightly on the more expensive side and I've had better. Yet, well worth the visit!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We ate here in one of the private rooms upstairs for a special occasion. The building is beautiful and traditional and the food was straightforward but well cooked and the wine was nice. Service was friendly and informal but probably too slow for some. I would recommend if you want a special occasion and you are ok to take your time over...

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We came here for a good meal at the outdoor terrace, which is lovely. 15 minutes past until we managed to order aperitifs. The starters were ok, but the main courses were major disappointments. My pork was extremely overcooked and leathery. My husband ordered a rare entrecôte, he had to send it back twice before we gave up, asked for the bill and left. The prices do definitely not match the quality, I would only return for a glass of wine in the garden on a nice summer night.

2  Thank Flaquitita1
Reviewed July 11, 2013

One of my favorite restaurants in Oslo. The cooking is excellent, but with a homemade feel to it. The service is always relaxed and unobtrusive. Equally pleasant outside and inside.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Have had dinner at this restaurant twice before, and it was memorable. There were four of us tonight, and I was the only one who'd been there before. It was a nice summer evening and I suggested Ni&Tyve because of their lovely garden. It was really disappointing. The wooden benches were really hard and uncomfortable, and you had to ask for cushions. The food was pricey. Although it was really nice, the portions were small. Also, there was a lengthy wait between the courses. The waitress was ok. She provided a blanket and turned on the overhead heating for us. I know that I won't get my friends there again. It's a real shame but I had to admit defeat!

a real shame.