“Worth it .... Absolute experiene !!!”
Review of Bagatelle - CLOSED

Bagatelle
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Geilo, Norway
“Worth it .... Absolute experiene !!!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

A few years since I dined there. My oldest daughter Ann Jeanette worked part time there at the time. She invited her Dad and me to dinner !!!
Exclusive dining. About 9 courses. The service was excellent. Most of the staff then were french. They explained every dish and the wine waiters knowledge og wines was exceptional. I will never forget the cheese wagon. I exployed the cheeses and my husband went for the brandy wagon. We were able to see the wine celler through glass in the floor, and also afterwards taken down to it. Amazing collection. Fabulous food, dining and service ..... Which lives up to its reputation. Credit to Hellstrøm and partner then of course .....

Visited November 2013

Silver City, New Mexico
“Eyecatching and experience for taste buds”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Had a full menu and the way the food was presented was eyecatching and creative. The service was excellent and the food was good. I am not a regular visitor of haute cuisine restaurants and therefore my comparison might be wrong, but most of the dishes were very well prepared and real experience for the taste buds. If you take the full menu make sure you have some time as it was 20 different dishes.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jorge C
Oslo, Norway
“Not as good as before”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Our second visit to this restaurant. Service was excellent and friendly but unfortunately the food wasn't that good. Some courses were good but overall the taste just wasn't there. They has a new chef in april this year. My guess is they will loose their Michelin star next year if they don't improve.

• Visited August 2013
Oslo, Norway
“You want the best...and get it...”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had not been there since ages ago. Reopened after lengthy period, now with new management/staff. We were curious: posh style or cool? In fact posh and cool! Awaiting at our table: a small brown envelope, sealed, and contaning an intricately wrapped menue,which at least I needed help to unfold (untangle rather..;)) Then started our 16 courses, all presented in a warm and charming way by a host of younger waiters, all very knowledgeable. It may sound disturbing with a host of... Might have been, and wasn't! Let me only mention one dish: two waiters brought in a heavy round black stone each and placed them in front of us two. On top there was a crispy small lobster in some awesome arrangement. We munched the little creature in full silence, just ummm'ing quietly while enjoying small sips from the glass that came along on the wine package. Disappointed when there was no more...too soon...the waiters again approached us asking: Are you ready for a little surprise? Then with a swish gave us that surprise not leaving our table...nor adding any hidden plates to it... Now you go and find out the surprise for yourself! Be quick, before they change the menue! As for me; I loved 15 of the 16 courses, save the final one which was a mixture that didn't go too well with me. My companion disagreed though..

• Visited August 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Fine dining, wine list and art show to boot!”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Take your time and enjoy a wonderful tasting menu. Each course an event by itself! Complementing the food is a wonderful wine list and very helpful staff. I had the "Surf and Turf" tasting menu and it did not disappoint. Every dish was incredibly presented and wonderful in every way. The halibut and snow crab was complemented with a wonderful sauce including tart green apples. It was wonderful - as was the lamb dish that came later. The white burgundy suggested was superb and complemented all the dishes. Expensive, not for the financial faint ofnheart, it was a true dinning experience. All while surrounded by a first rate contemporary art collection.