“Excellent food and prices”

Fiskeriet Youngstorget
Ranked #28 of 1,543 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Norwegian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Quite simply this place serves quality seafood at prices that are unexpectedly good for Oslo. The fish and chips on my day was halibut served with lovely salt flakes and coriander. I ate in, but if you take away the price is nearly half at 89 NOK. Great for sitting in the plaza just outside if whether permits.

I also had some reasonably prices oysters (6 for 110NOK) which were fin de claire (French, as there are no local oysters in Norway they tell me) which had excellent strong flavour.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I love the fact that this place is both a fish monger and lunch place in one. I think the fish´n chips here is great and I do always come back for more. However I must say I am not very impressed by the staff. Having a loud private conversation on your mobile in front of a bunch of guest, is a no no, so is humping on one of the chefs whilst the door to the kitchen is open, when the food arrived I asked if we could also get a basket with condiments, the waiter pointed to a table across the outdoor restaurant with guest on it and said it´s over there, and she just looked blankly on me. I responded that I am on crutches would you mind fetching it, she did fetch it but she surely did mind!

1  Thank Eva G
Reviewed September 1, 2012

In Oslo, where a menu at McDonalds costs more than 10 euros is this restaurant a real life-saver for anyone travelling on a budget, but is still too selective to eat in a fastfood.

We tried Fish & Chips. Great and only for NOK 89 if taken away (NOK 139 if eaten in). An amazing price/value ratio for Oslo.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We saw the salmon being trimmed and cut by the fishmonger whilst we waited, it was just amazingly good quality. Costs about £20 per kilo.
The oysters also looked great though they were quite expensive by UK prices - a plate of a dozen was approx £24. A kilo of the local mussels were about £6.
You can buy fresh fish here, plus all kinds of prepared fish products in the cooler at the rear of the store.
At lunchtime Saturday it was very busy with most of the tables outside filled with customers.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We aimed for a late lunch at Youngstorget, we found Fiskeriet as a valid option. As the rain started to fall, we headed indoor. Be aware, only a few seats are available for diners. We got two stools at the bar and settled for fish'n chips.

The service and attention of the staff was great. The fish was not 100%, but acceptable. The chips was grand and they remembered the moshed peas. All in all, a great experience. And the prices was not terrifying, not atleast according to norwegian standards.

Q: