When I read information and reviews of this hotel, I supposed to have nice, clean, light and comfortable room with wooden floors. So it was very bad disappointment when we opened the door and entered the room:
Ok, the general view was nice. Furnishing was modern and simple. But then we switched the lights on and saw that very, very dirty carpet floor! We have never ever seen so dirty carpet floor! And now we are talking about so called first-class business hotel in Oslo! The carpet was full of crumbs, spots and other kind of dirty things. UGH!
Also the walls and the floor in the shower corner were dirty. Not so dirty as the carpet floor, but dirty enough to mention it.
There was not enough lights in the room. Maybe they don´t want customers to see all the other dirtiness in the room?! It was no lights at all in the shower corner. The only lights in the bathroom was over the sink.
The bed was wide enough for two people, but it was too soft. For one person it was comfortable, but when there was two people it became too soft and bumpy.
The city hall is nearby the hotel and the bells of that building are shouting every 15 minutes. The annoying noice can be heard very loud in your room - even late night and early in the morning! There´s also a noisy restaurant/club nearby. So take earplugs with you if you´re going to stay at this hotel!
But there was also positive things:
The location is just perfect! Few steps from the harbour, Åker brygge, the castle, Karl Johans gate and the whole city centre. It takes about 15 minutes to walk to the railway station.
Breakfast was extensive. It was so great that it was almost perfect!
The hotel stuff in the breakfast room and in the front desk was very helpful, kind and nice.
And it was nice to have free internet connection (wireless) in the room.
If you´re going to stay in this hotel:
*Take earplugs with you!
* Ask for the room with wooden floor!
+ very good location
+ great, almost perfect breakfast
+ excelent service at the front desk
+ free WiFi in the rooms
- very dirty carpet floor in the room
- dirty walls in the room
- dirty floor in the shower corner
- the shower head was too low for people longer than 175 cm
- water pressure in the shower was very poor
- you hear annoying bells from the city hall every 15 minutes in your room
- you her annoying noise from the restaurant/club nearby
- not enough lights in the room, especially in the bathroom, no lights at all in the shower corner
- too soft bed when two people sleeping in the same bed
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Scandic Victoria is a first-class business hotel in the heart of Oslo. Aker Brygge, the Parliament, Karl Johans gate are all within short walking distance. The hotel has 199 spacious, light and comfortable rooms, some of which are suites. The hotel has several meeting rooms and a large atrium ideal for mini-fairs and exhibitions, receptions, lunches and dinners. A large and varied buffet lunch is served daily in the atrium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Scandic Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rica Victoria Oslo
- Oslo Rica Victoria Hotel