“Good quality hotel great location”

Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel
Ranked #36 of 103 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stayed here for a few days on our way up to Tromso to take a cruise up to Svalbard. Room was not ready when we got there but we knew that was likely to happen as our flight got in early. However the reception staff were very helpful and arranged for our luggage to be looked after while we went for a stroll. Hotel is very close to the Royal Palace gardens and not far from the Palace itself. Also not far to walk to the centre of Oslo the shops and the waterfront. (About 20 minutes walk)
We had a Business Class room. Not absolutely sure what difference this makes. Very pleasant, reasonable size room with a good size bathroom. Spotlessly clean. Tea and coffee making facilities provided in room (Nespresso). There were two chairs in the room but neither was especially comfortable. There was also free wi fi, which worked at a reasonable speed. Breakfast was also included and was a good hotel buffet breakfast with plenty of choice of both hot and cold food.
My only real complaint was that although there was in theory a Business Centre there was no way I could print my SAS Boarding Passes as there were apparently no printers connected to the network. Surprising for such a big hotel with many businessmen staying.

Room Tip: Try and get a room as high up the hotel as possible. Although we were on the 10th floor there was st...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Silje H, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear Kent,
Thank you for taking time to post a review from your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you were overall satisfied with the hotel and the services. I appreciate your comments which I will share with my staff in order to further improve the services.

I hope to be able to welcome you back should your travels bring you back to Oslo.

Thomas Stene,General Manager, Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Oslo

Write a ReviewReviews (2,343)

Reviewed June 21, 2014

The hotel has been in decline for some time. Many little things are slipping. It seems that "policies" from above (Radisson) have reduced the hotel from a reasonable "away- from-home-home" option to an inflexible machine with many hiccups. I have been a regular guest for many years, but will not stay there again.

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback which is very important for us. I am sorry to read that you find your stay disappointing and we are therefore concerned to read that we did not meet your expectations.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure in seeing you again in the hotel so we can have a chance to change your impression of the hotel. Please feel free to send me an e-mail; gm.scandinavia.oslo@radissonblu.com.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

The hotel is located very sentral and it is easy to go here with car, train, bus, taxi. Super service and good breakfast. Big rom and restroom, Very nice bar in the top of building, very good vuve over Oslo

Dear Frank,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review and a five star rating of your recent stay with us, appreciate it very much. I am very pleased to read that you were satisfied with the hotel and its services.

I do hope to see you back in the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stayed two nights. Room on 17th floor was designated Business Class, but nothing special. TV didn't work for first 24 hours, but room comfortable. Breakfast included was ok, with typical buffet but no egg to order station.

Location is very good near park and harbor walk as well as shopping area. Nice Staff. I would classify it as a well located business hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for harbor view
1  Thank HighTimbers
Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Thomas Stene, General Manager, Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Oslo

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I stayed here for one night on a quick visit to our office in Oslo. Everything felt fairly modern, receptionist was efficient, room was spacious and clean, bathroom clean and functioned well. Breakfast had everything you might want. In fact, couldn't really fault the place. Good location. Free wifi. Sky bar has a good view. Good value. Recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us and for the nice comments. I will for sure share these with my colleagues.

Thomas Stene, General Manager, Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Oslo

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Great location as we were going to an event at Bislett Stadium. Easy to walk around although Oslo isn't a big city. Nice selection at breakfast although was cleared away before we had finished. Great view from room. Rooms fairly small and in need of updating but clean and very comfortable beds.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review from your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you were satisfied with the hotel and the location. I am aware that some of our rooms are a bit outdated; hence we will start renovating some of our rooms as from July 2014. We will then be able to offer new and modern rooms to our guests.

I do hope to see you back in the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

If you want a good sleep or concerned service than do not come here. I wanted a quiet evening en route to a business meeting after a long flight from Australia, however the hotel had a social event in an outside venue on the third floor with an extremely loud band and a noisy crowd, and so sleep was not possible. There was no warning that this was going to occur. When I asked to be moved to the other side of the hotel so that I could get some sleep I was told that "this is not possible". The internet was very slow, the chair in my room was broken and although I was told that it would be replaced, it was not. The air conditioning and room refrigerator did to work very well, and the ice machine on my floor was broken - "we will see to it immediately" was not true. Seriously, as you can see from my previous Trip Advisor entries, I am usually pretty happy with what I get - but not this time. On the positive side, the breakfast was very good although the staff were disinterested. This place is well past its use by date and ranks well towards the bottom of the places I have stayed at over the past few years. I will certainly not return.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else

Dear Guest,
thank you for reaching out on TripAdvisor and sharing your experience from your recent stay with us.
Your feedback is very important to us and we are therefore concerned to read that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced.
We will make sure that your feedback is shared internally to make corrective actions where required.