“Good Location”

Ranked #42 of 101 Hotels in Oslo
West Yorkshire
“Good Location”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights on a city break to Oslo. The Hotel is in a perfect location, ideal for the city centre, Royal Palace and the Quayside and close to the metro and tram lines. Our room was a Business class room and it was ok, a good size, but in need of renovation. We were on the 16th Floor and the views were amazing across the fjord. The room was reasonably clean, but could have done with a good dust. Toiletries were replenished every day. The breakfast buffet was very good, with plenty of choice. The bar on the top floor is an ideal place to relax after a day sightseeing. We would return to this Hotel if we were to visit Oslo again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thamk you so much for taking time to give us feedback from your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you were satisifed with the hotel. We are aware that some of our rooms are getting a bit tired, hence we will start a renovation of some of our rooms shortly. We will then be able to offfer new and modern rooms to our guests..

I hope we will be able to welcome you back should your travels bring you back to Oslo.

Thomas Stene, General Manager, Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Oslo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The room is OK but with very old furniture, the bathroom feels like from the 80's.

Positive is the breakfast buffé which has large selection of tranditional Norwegian food.

The location is good, 5 min walk towards the Royal Palace and the National Theatre tram/subway/railway station. They do have a local tram station just behind the hotel building (Holbergs plass) going to the Central station through the city center.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Sean,
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you were satisfied with our breakfast service and our location. We are aware that some of our rooms are a bit outdated, hence we will start a renovation of some of our rooms this summer. We will then be able to offer new and modern rooms to our guests.

I do hope to be able to welcome you back next time your travels bring you back to Oslo.

kind regards,
Thomas Stene, General Manager, Radisson Blu Scandiavia Hotel, Oslo
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This is a business hotel, with a perfect location. However, being a family visiting Oslo for the weekend, this is not the place. Service mediocre, breakfast medium. Surprisingly unfriendly hotel that might be serving business men in a hurry. This is not for tourists and for people enjoying good Norwegian hotel breakfasts.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jan,
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you were satisfied with our location. I am sorry to read that you do not think our hotel is suitable for families with children. We do welcome families to our hotel and we try our best to accomodate their needs. We do have a childrens play room area and family rooms that can cater for families with children. I appreciate your feedback which we will use to further improve our service for families with children.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Thomas Stene,General Manager, Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Oslo
Poland
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Good hotel in good location. Rooms could be bigger, but have be equipped with everything I need. I like their breakfast set and fitness gym. Nice views from the room, if you get a room in the tower. Prices are quite high but is usual in Norway

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I stayed at the Radisson Blu Scandinavia in Oslo for three nights in April 2014. Unlike recent reviews here, I was impressed.

I was given an upgrade to a "Business Class" room so I can't say that I saw the regular rooms. Mine (on the 11th floor) was a good size with your average modern bathroom. I'm assuming the Nespresso coffee maker was part of the business level service; others in my party didn't have tea- and coffee-making facilities BUT the hotel provided these free of charge on request, I understand.

The breakfast was amazingly good. There was a huge selection of food and all very fresh and tasty. Lactose-free and other dietary requirements were readily catered for.

The staff were really friendly and spoke excellent English, and all up this hotel made a wonderful base for exploring what I discovered to be a very beautiful city. I definitely want to see more of Oslo if I can.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This is a dull and average hotel in an average city of Oslo. The only advantage is that it has smoking rooms.....rest is very ordinary. The mini bar is always empty and does not provide bottle of water or a tea/coffee machine. The illumination is bad and the rooms are very small. Why cant they mount the TV on the wall and do away with crampy space in front of the bed.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Ashbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

The lobby area is very smart. I didn't eat in the hotel but the food looked good, and the service from the bars was good.

The rooms are awful. Very dated, very worn. It was quiet and I found the bed comfortable, maybe I was lucky.

I have stayed in 4 different hotels in Oslo now and each and every one is worn and dated.

This was not what I expected from radisson however.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you were satisfied with our service. I know that some of our rooms are a bit outdated, hence we will start renovating some of our rooms shortly. We will then be able to offer new and modern rooms to our guests.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Thomas Stene,General Manager, Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Oslo

Travelers are raving about these Oslo hotels