“Central location, old building”

Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel
Ranked #39 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I was on a business trip last time I visited this Radisson.
It is a big hotel in the hearth of Oslo center. Very close to many tourist attractions.
There are more than 15 floors and the hotel offers the usual meeting facilities.
The breakfast was very good, lots of variety in the menu. Huge eating place because the hotel is really big.
The rooms were ok but you could see that the facilities are old. The temperature panel just fall from the wall when i tried to adjust it. Look at the pics that accompany this review.
The service desk was good and they had courtesy items like toothbrushes and toothpaste so you don't have to worry if you have forgotten something like this :)
The beds in the room were good and everything was clean.
WiFi is offered on all areas for free as usual in most hotels of this class in Norway.
Be prepared to wait in a taxi cue line outside the hotel if you have to take a cab at your exit. It was snowing and very cold when I had to leave and it was not very pleasant to have to wait 10 minutes outside on the line for a taxi. There was a lot of folks there on the same situation and the cabs were not arriving as fast as we were needing.
I can recommend this hotel if you have to stay in the center of Oslo, but I am sure there are better options.

2  Thank Thorz
Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very important for us to continuously improving our services. I am very pleased to read that you were overall satisifed with our hotel. I am aware that some of our rooms are a bit outdated, but as from May 2014 we will start a renovation of some of our rooms. We will then be able to offer fresh and modern rooms to our guests..
I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel should you visit Oslo again.

Thomas Stene,General Manager, Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Oslo

Write a ReviewReviews (2,292)

Reviewed February 13, 2014

A disappointing stay as we have been used to a much better standard of hotel from the Radisson Blu chain. From delays at checkin to closed restaurant, to problems with room wifi to wrongly advertised valet parking to broken room fixtures lead us to thing the chain is going downhill. I hope not. We shall try Raddison once more in the hope and that this experience was a one off.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Mark,
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am saddened to read that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. Your feedback will be used for further improvements.
I do hope that you will visit us again, and should you have any further comments you would like to share with us, you can contact me directly on gm.scandinavia.oslo@radissonblu.com.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

This was our first hotel on the start of a wonderful tour of Scandinavia to include Oslo, Lillehammer, Sogndal, and Bergen in Norway and Gothenburg in Sweden and Copenhagen in Denmark. The hotel was first class and centrally located as all hotels on the tour were. Mountains, Sognefjord Cruise, and Flam Railway to Bergen were especially enjoyable. Tour guides were well informed and motorcoach was very comfortable. All meals were good and tour cost was very reasonable. Highly recommend this tour to see a beautiful part of the world!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Martha,
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed your Scandinavia Tour.

I hope that we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back to our hotel should your travels bring you back to Oslo.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and enjoyed my stay. Located in the hear of the city with good restaurants nearby. Best connected with the ariport by bus, which has its last stop and first pick up stop just outside the lobby.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Nice, fresh and clean hotel in the center of Oslo. Great restaurant and gym. Good conferences facilities. Excellent and personal service at the reception. Spacious rooms. I have allergy and my room was extremely clean and fresh. I will definitely come back.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I appreciate your kind comments which I will gladly share with my team here at the hotel.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure in having you as a guest in the hotel also in the future.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

There is a much nicer Radisson close to the central station, and ended up in this one by accident, since my secretary put me in the wrong Radisson.

The reception area is nice, service a bit slow, they have a number of reception counters, but only one was staffed so there was a line which was irritating.

Rooms are large and spacious, but very sparsely furnished, and decor is a bit out of date.

Breakfast was nice, with a multitude of options.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am sad to hear that we did not meet your expecations during your stay. We are aware that some of our rooms are a bit out of date, hence we will start a renovation of some of our rooms as from May this year. We will then be able to offer new and modern rooms to our guests.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure in having you as a guest also in the future.

Thomas Stene, Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Oslo

Reviewed January 28, 2014

The stay in the hotel was disappointing, mainly because of the rooms. I had booked the hotel for several colleagues and myself, and they were all disappointed with the rooms that were very outdated. When traveling in Norway, one has a higher expectation of hotel rooms.
I do want to note that the location is fantastic, and that service was overall good. The bar Summit on the top floor was the best part.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review of you resent stay with us. I appreciate your feedback. We are aware that some of our rooms are a bit outdated, hence we are starting a renovation of some of our rooms as from May onwards. We will then be able to offer new and modern rooms to our guests.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel when your travels bring you to Oslo again.