“Still more rooms to refurb”

Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel
Ranked #40 of 100 Hotels in Oslo
South West London/Surrey
“Still more rooms to refurb”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed here for the third time and unluckily got one of the rooms still stuck in the 1980's - dated and worn furniture, scuff marks, generally unwelcoming feel. Bathroom very small and dated. But once all rooms get redone, then this will be a very good hotel. Staff are helpful, location is tops, communal areas are nice. Check out the 21st floor bar for amazing views of Oslo and the harbour!

1 Thank AFCW
Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay. I am very happy that you are pleased with our services offered. We all look forward to our rooms being renovated so we can offer new and modern rooms to our guests.

I hope that we will be able to also welcome you to our hotel in the near future.

Thomas Stene, General Manager, Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Oslo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hamburg
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stay regularly for my work in Oslo and I have chosen this hotel to be my base. The Scandinavian is a good hotel where the service is friendly and good. The location is really nice in the city center and many restaurants are close by. Facilities of the hotel are good. The rooms in the hotel are generally good, but it seems there are still rooms that need to be re done. I personally never had a room that was not modernised, but a colleague of mine experienced once a room that he said with a little run down furniture.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Gijs,
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also pleased to inform that as from May 2014 we will start renovation of our rooms that is a bit outdated, so then we will be able to offer our guests new and modern rooms.
I hope that we will be able to welcome you and your colleague back to the hotel not too far in the distance.

Thomas Stene,General Manager, Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Oslo
Mannheim, Germany
Reviewed January 13, 2014

The place used to offer good value for the money, however it's taken a turn for the worse. Room service seems to have become sloppy, no amenities like bathrobe or slippers are provided. The location is beautiful, right next to the castle grounds, within walking distance from many of the city's main attractions. With a little more spirited effort this place could become very good again indeed.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Axel,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I appreciate your feedback which we will use for further improvements.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Please note that I have not stayed at this hotel, we had an event in Oslo and some of our guests stayed there. I gave it a "poor" rating because I received only one complaint from the client, so to be fair, the property itself might be fine, it's the customer service/invoicing/finance department where they need improvement.
First of all, it took us 4 working days to book the rooms. I sent an e-mail because we have specific payment terms so I wanted to make sure they agree to them before we book, and I also wanted to ask for the rates/availability before actually booking. When I didn't receive a reply for 2 days, I called (they have a useless call center and it is difficult to get through to an actual person working at the hotel). I was told that they take maximum 48 hours to answer. Then I received the reply with the availability and rates (it did take 2 days), and it took another 2 working days for them to send the confirmations (I had to call again). Once the guests arrived, everything seemed fine. Upon checkout, however, they asked them at the reception to pay - although we specifically instructed them to use our card for this. I called to sort it out, trying to make things happen faster, realizing how inconvenient it is for the guests to be standing at the reception and being told that they have to pay when they thought we took care of that. I was told in a very impolite way that I was supposed to send a credit card authorization. Then they realized they never sent it, so there was no way for us to fill it out and return it... They sent it quickly and I filled it out, so the guests could finally leave.
A few days ago I received a request from our finance to obtain a copy of the invoice for the expenses above. I sent an e-mail, and have been waiting for the copy ever since...
Customer service is not rocket science. In this day and age I really don't understand why it takes so long for any business, let alone hospitality business to reply in a few working days, and why they repetitively ignore requests from clients. I am happy to give great reviews for those who deserve it - unfortunately, not this time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Oslo hotels

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

First arrived at late hour the reception guy was stink ,it's looks like I disturbed his sleep
Room smaller than the room I had in hong Kong
The bed old and the mattress knew better days
Bottom line : skip it if you can

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. I will for sure share your comments with my team in order to improve our services. I am aware that some of our rooms are a bit outdated, but I am pleased to inform that we will start a renovation of our rooms as from May 2014. We will then get new and modern rooms which we will be able to offer our guests.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure in also welcoming you to the hotel in the future.

krgds,
Edinburgh
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in December either side of a trip to Svalbard due to flight times, it's location is very central and was just a short (cold) walk to pubs, restaurants, shops, etc.

The decor in the hotel was reminiscent of the Overlook in Stanley Kubrick's" The Shining " The carpets and room decor have seen better days, there were cracked and or missing tiles in the bathroom, and no decent extraction fan so… there was a note up to say you have to shut the bathroom door when showering as the fire alarm may be activated otherwise.

The staff were very nice and the area was good, it's the first & last stop for the Radisson Airport Bus too so it's handy from that point of view, journey time circa 50-60 minutes.

The view from both rooms we had were fantastic (I think the 19th & 20th floors,) overlooking central Oslo & the Fiords.

I'd try somewhere more modern in future though, as this hotel was a wee bit tired looking!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view over the City.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Boris,
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you were satisfied with our services offered. In regards to the condition of some of our rooms, we are aware that they might me a bit outdated, but I am pleased to inform you that some of our rooms will be refurbished as from May 2014. We will then be able to offer new and modern rooms to our guests.
I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

We were very disappointed with the room we got at the hotel.
We expected a 4-star bedroom since that's the official rating and the price we had to pay for it.
Cons:
- Very uncomfortable bed and pillows.
- Small, cold and ugly (like from the 60s or 70s) bathroom.
- The shower was dirty, with no pressure and uncomfortable.
- Room seemed old, outdated and should be fixed up.
- There were no lights in the ceiling.
- No safe in the room.

Pros:
- Great location, next to the Royal Palace.
- Good and complete breakfast.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sacha,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you found our bed and pillows uncomfortable. I will for sure use this feedback for improvement. I am pleased to inform you that as from May 2014 we will start refurbishment of some of our rooms. We will then be able to offer new and modern rooms to our guests.
I do hope that we will be able to welcome you to our hotel also in the future.

Thomas Stene, General Manager, Radisson Blu Scandinavioa Hotel, Oslo