“Good location but a bit "tired" internally”

Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel
Ranked #41 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have stayed in quite a few Radisson hotels and this one meets all the standards you'd expect from the chain. The staff are friendly and helpful, the common areas are smart and tidy and the wifi works well. However, I did find my room to be a bit tired in that it's a bit worn and in need of upgrade to bring it up to a modern standard. I found the bed comfortable but soft (for my liking) and the shower was frankly pathetic. The room had been maintained well, was completely clean and tidy, but was ready for complete refitting. The buffet breakfast was good.
For the money it was disappointing.

Room Tip: higher floors are better as you get a good view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Mark,

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review. I am very pleased to read that you were satisifed with the service you received. In regards to the condition of our rooms, I am pleased to inform you that we will start a refurbishment of some of our rooms in May 2014. We will then be able to offer fresh and modern rooms to our guests.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel

Reviewed December 3, 2013

The hotel is a fairly typical Raddisson. Location is central so it's easy to get to and there are a number of things close by. Busses to the airport are right outside the door but it's only a 15 minute walk down to the central train station so a conveniant location. The rooms are a nice size, comfortable. Breakfast is very good, the free WiFi works reasonably well. The top floor is a bar that comes with a fantastic view of the city. About the only annoyance I suffered from was a quiet short burst buzzing sound that happen in triplets at random times. I think it was related to the elevators but I never found out for sure. The buzzing was quiet enough that it didn't wake me.

Room Tip: go high and stay away from the Elevators
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is not exceptional in any way. It is not bad nor great. I enjoyed my stay and found the location to be be good. But, there are many hotels in the same price range that are more conveniently located.
Not to down play the location. It is very near the Grand palace. Easy access to great food & nightlife. A very short walk to the national theater station for easy access to Oslos most desired sights.
All in all, I was very pleased with my stay. Big plus is the bar on the 21st floor. Ibstauedcoverca Saturday night and the crowd was excellent. Great time!
Even though i enjoyed the bar. I will look for another hotel next time I visit Oslo.

• Stayed: December 2013
Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review from your last stay with us. I am pleased to read that you where overall pleased with your stay. I am also pleased to inform you that we will start to renovate our most outdated room next year, so I hope you will chose us again next time your travels bring you to Oslo.

In the meantime I wish you a happy festive season.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Lovely hotel in the centre of Oslo. Hotel was also very easy to find because one can see it from far away as it is higher than surrounding buildings and on a small hill. It was a short walk from the National theatre where the airport express train stopped. Room in 13th floor had great views and was very comfortable. Breakfast was great and had lots to choose from. Stayed only for 1 night but hoped that would have had to enjoy more time there.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel prior to a cruise in order to see Oslo. It was only a 10 minute walk down to the waterfront or shopping centre and 5 minutes to the royal palace. The room was a generous size and modern and pleasant with everything you would expect. The view over the city and fjord was a bonus. Breakfast was included and was excellent with everything you could want and more.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor for the best views.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights over Thanksgiving week. The hotel looks great from the outside and the arcade in the basement is fun to look around at for about an hour. The best thing about this hotel is the breakfast. Phenomenal pastries, excellent bacon, eggs and veggies and great service from the courteous staff. The room we stayed in must have been the "hotwire special", there were huge stains on the carpet, moldy (and missing) tile in the bathroom, scratches all over the walls and a general dingy demeanor (something very uncommon for Oslo). I would recommend this hotel if you're looking for a central location, but based on the high prices there are much better values in Oslo.

Room Tip: Based on how the rest of the floor looked... avoid the 8th floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ben K
Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Thank yo so much for taking time to write a review of your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your ecpectations when it comes to conditions of the room. I am aware that some of our rooms are a bit outdated, so it is a pleasure to inform you that we will start to refurbish some of our most outdated rooms as from Spring 2014.

We hope to be able to welcome you also in the future and in the meantime I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Hotel is good for one night, but I am sure there are better hotels for same price downtown Oslo.
Very tired rooms, feels like I am going back to the early 90's, the hotel has spent money renovating the foyer and breakfast area but not the rooms.

Rooms overall are comfy, clean and quiet. But lack a sense of warmth and design compared to other hotels.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business