4,373 results
All reviews sky bar tallest building train station irish pub top floor large hotel business room business trip standard room central location nice room breakfast buffet the breakfast area opera house coffee machine few minutes walk royal palace
Selected filters
Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

The Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel is the tallest building in Oslo, downtown, conveniently right next to the railroad station, where the express train from the airport stops, and close to many sights, like the Barcode Project, the opera house, and the cathedral.

The room was relatively spacious and furnished with a yuuuge bed, closet, safe, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, bathrobes and slippers, minibar, coffee and tea maker, TV, an armchair, an upholstered bench, two coffee tables, a floor-length mirror, pictures, sprinkler, telephone, and complimentary bottled water. The bathroom had toilet, bathtub, sink, mirror, and toiletries.

The room was on the 32nd floor, the highest with rooms on it. I had booked city view. The night before arrival, the hotel computer offered me an upgrade to fjord view, but the receptionist advised against it. He was right. I saw fjord view from the gym atop the hotel later. You see just the fjord, the Barcode Project, and the railroad station. With city view, you can look all over the city, with the city hall, the royal palace, and the cathedral, all the way to the Holmenkollen ski jump.

If you want fjord view, go to the gym. City view can be had from the bar and restaurant up there. There is a glass elevator with more views that runs from the guest rooms to the public spaces atop the hotel.

Wi-Fi was free and worked well. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank TheLandshark
MichaelGRM, Kundeansvarlig at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2019

Dear TheLandshark,

We appreciate the valuable feedback that you have provided the hotel. As a Hotel we pride ourselves on the service we deliver and I am pleased to learn that your experience reflects the high standards that we strive to achieve. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Oslo.

Michael Thomson
Guest Relations Manager
michael.thomson@radissonblu.com

Reviewed May 12, 2019

My flight from Oslo to Kirkenes on 29 April 2019 was cancelled due to SAS pilot strike. Since it was an ongoing strike, the airline put me to stay at the Radisson Blur Plaza Hotel, Oslo for 3 nights. That meant I couldn't make it to my 5-night cruise trip the following day at Kirkenes!

During my stay in the hotel, I was deeply impressed by the excellent service provided by the front desk staff. I was travelling alone and the receptionists all went extra miles to take care of me. They had endless patience to answer my questions and concerns. They were also very sympathetic to my situation. Here, I wanted to compliment Viljar who had spent hours to help me and to book a return ticket to Hong Kong for me. Aneeka helped me sign in to various airline apps for easy access to my flight status. Anette and Marie G. gave me emotional support and they tried their very best to cheer up me. Thanks to the kindness and compassion from the extraordinary staff, I had a fond memory of this unfortunate trip.

Room tip: higher floors with pier view
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear cynthiatennis,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am glad to learn that you were satisfied with your stay and I am pleased to learn that your experience reflects the high standards that we strive to achieve. I have shared your kind comments with the rest of Team Plaza and I am sure this will motivate our team to keep delivering memorable moments for future guests.

We look forward for your return in the near future.

Michael
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

A male staff at check in counter is very helpful not sure if his name is Sutha. He’ll provide you with loads of useful information to get around the city.

Breakfast is impressive with great varieties and fresh cook food made to order.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Josefine R, Guest Communication Supervisor at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2019

Dear Wib00nL,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review! I am thrilled to hear you got a warm and helpful welcome by Sutha. It is also great to learn you enjoyed our breakfast buffet.

I hope we get the opportunity to host you again soon!

Reviewed May 11, 2019

Good gym, with an amazing view of Oslo, but it is really hard to find and get to within the hotel.
Decent rooms, comfortable beds, but very difficult to get in/out of the shower.
Very convenient to business and transportation, but the elevators are horrible, stairs no better.
Really attentive and thorough housekeeping, but Outrageously! expensive laundry service.
Decent food in the restaurants, but over-priced.
Star of the hotel is Justina in the lobby bar. Great drinks, good conversation.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Walstib1961,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry to learn you were not fully satisfied with your stay, regarding the shower and the lifts. I will follow up on your comments for future improvements. However, it is a pleasure to read your wonderful feedback about Justina and housekeeping. I look forward to share your kind words with them and the rest of Team Plaza.

I hope we get the opportunity to host you again soon, for a memorable experience.

Reviewed May 11, 2019

Great location great staff, great amenities.

-----------------------------

Number of lifts available to guests was grossly inadequate.

---------------------------

Had often to resort to taking the stairs.

Breakfast was top notch.

Room also was top notch.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Josefine R, Guest Communication Supervisor at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2019

Thank you for your taking your time to give us feedback Tony R! I am sorry to learn about your experience regarding the lifts. We are upgrading all our lifts at the moment, but I understand the frustration this may caused. However, I am glad to learn you enjoyed the room and our breakfast buffet. And I appreciate your kind words about our staff!

I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future, for an even better experience!