“Love this place.. ”

Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Oslo
Ranked #33 of 100 Hotels in Oslo
“Love this place.. ”
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

I first stayed here 7 years ago and each time I come to Oslo it is first choice.. It is not preferred hotel chain for our company however it is so comfortable that I don't mind covering some cost myself.. Due to Club Carlsson loyalty I am a Radisson junkie..

This time my room was on 14th floor and standard room is almost on level of business so I rarely take advantage of the upgrade..

Staff have excellent service skills and this is part of the joy staying at this hotel...

Will be back in January :-)

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the Radisson Blu Plaza in Oslo twice this year. Both times the staff and the hotel have met my every need. The morning buffet is amazing (and will cure your hangover right away) and Oslo center is within a 5 min. walking distance. And not to forget; the view from the hotel room is amazing (I have stayed at the 15th and 17th floor). Can't think of a better place to stay in Oslo, though it is not the cheapest.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Karina S
OsloPlaza, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Oslo, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Karina,

Thank you for this great review after your stay at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel. We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you again soon – Welcome back!

Saltnes, Norway
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel fore one nigt, in a standard room. The room was quite spacious, with a very nice bathroom, and very nice bed.
Service at the hotel was very good in spite of a nearly full hotel.
Sky bar is very small, and it was too crowded. Did not try the restaurant.
Breakfast was good, but the fact that them use eggpouder and not real eggs for the scrambled eggs, drags it down.
Can recomende this hotel

Room Tip: Standard room is very good
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
OsloPlaza, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Oslo, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear "Bakker",

Thank you for this great review after your stay at the Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel. We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay. Our scrambled eggs are made from fresh eggs from a local farm called Stanger Gård at Kløfta, Norway.

We hope to see you again soon – welcome back!

Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I expected this to be a premium hotel in Oslo. It turned out to be only average. My room at the 16th floor was OK, but nothing more. Sleep quality was good. Location is very good. Breakfast was excellent, but too crowded to be enjoyable. The main problem was the lack of service; check-in and -out and baggage storage.

Room Tip: Away from elevators if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank taarhaug
Dear Taarhaug ,

Krakow, Poland
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Just spent here one night this week and I must say I'm a bit disappointed.

I got a standard room on the 25th floor with a view to the Oslo Railway Station, when I asked if I can get an upgrade (based on my Club Carlson tier level), the reception informed me - you already got it, as your room is "high". As a welcome gift I got some peanuts and other nuts, which I couldn't even touch (allergy is an awful thing). I also asked about video-on-demand and got the information, that normal pay-tv (2 movies playing 24/7) is free for me, but I will have to pay for movies on demand. I used the "free" pay-tv movies, but at the moment of check out - I was asked to pay for it. Only after explicitly saying that it was promised to be free, it got removed from the bill. Not much money, but the fact remains --> if you promise something, DO IT.

I was aware of the Nobel price concert happening there same night, but all in all I would expect a bit more, even if I'm not an invitee of the Nobel committee. Luckily it was only one night. Overall - not the best experience and much room for improvement. Especially considering the price!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Warangal, India
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The biggest advantage of this hotel is its location.It is very centrally located so that access to most tourist attractions in Oslo are within walking distance,access to the hotel is very easy as it is practically attached to the central station, and also the bus station.The rooms are fair sized,clean;however we had an issue with the heating which was not functioning and external heaters had to be installed,the beds were very small [ double beds ] .The room service was not so great,unfortunately the staff were not very fluent in english.Check in and check out was very fast, concierge services were good, and the travel desk did a fairly good job imparting information regarding city attractions.The breakfast menu was quite standard, really nothing to go to town about.

Room Tip: rooms on higher floors facing the front have good views
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Merp,

Thank you for taking time posting your review. We are very sad to hear that the stay did not meet your expectations. We will off course use this feedback for improvement. We are also happy to learn that you enjoyed our location and our concierge service.

Molde, Norway
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Plaza is perfect located close to Oslo S. It is a huge business/Conference hotell. Not cosy, but efficient. The room (11 th floor) is starting to look a bit 'tired'. The food is ok, but not more. The staff is friendly and they know how to do their job. The room was quiet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
OsloPlaza, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Oslo, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear,

Thank you for taking time posting your review. We are sad to hear that the stay did not meet your expectations, this is not the way we want our guests to experience our hotel. We will off course use this feedback for improvement. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at e-mail: gm.plaza.oslo@radissonblu.com.