“My first Carlson stay”

Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Oslo
Ranked #32 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I'd always stayed in Hiltons, Starwoods, and Marriotts. I wanted to be convenient to the airport but not stay at the airport, so I chose the Blu Plaza. Oslo makes it very easy to get from the airport to the train station: $12 and 20 minutes after boarding the "Airport Express," I was walking the 300 yards from the station to the hotel. I got a room on the 31st floor overlooking the city; the room was quiet, and the lighting was good-an issue in some hotels in the other chains. They included my breakfast, a very adequate HEALTHIER THAN MOST buffet. The staff was very friendly, the workout room 4+, and the public areas clean, well-lit, and modern. Norway is expensive but at about 200 USD, this hotel was a find. I did leave my computer adapter in the room, and so far, they haven't "found" it. There's an Irish pub on site.

Room Tip: High floor, city view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank jpointer

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed at the Radisson Blu Plaza hotel for 2 weeks during a recent business trip to Norway. I selected this hotel after a lot of research and it was worth it. The location is the best part. Centrally located with most attractions within walking distance. Plenty of options for food, cafes, malls, bus & metro stations, rent a car, connectivity to the airport. The staff of this hotel were very friendly, warm and accomodating. They upgraded me to a superior room as I was staying for a longer period. The room service even helped me get my clothes ironed after working hours during an emergency. Excellent service! Dont miss the grand breakfast! Highly recommended to stay at this hotel for business and/or personal travel.

Room Tip: Request for a room on higher floor. Note, this hotel is packed during summer! The best time to get...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank satyamjuneja
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

The tallest building in Oslo. Staff very friendly and trying to make you have a friendly arrival. Perfectly located, across the avenue from Central Station.
Buffet breakfast is fresh and with wide variety.
Great view of the city from the room window

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank DamianPiza
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed in Radisson Blu Plaza twice while on business trip in Oslo. The location is great, right at the central train station and within walking distance to the restaurants and shops. Rooms are crystal clean and staff are friendly and helpful. When I told them that I stayed with them before I got a special room with corner location (the fartherst from the lifts!) and a wonderful view on the city below. Breakfast is nice too, you get a wide selection of food and there are plenty of tables! Will definitely book it again

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank nat s
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were in Oslo for a birthday celebration, which coincided with the Oslo Marathon weekend. The hotel was very very busy! Room was upgraded upon arrival to the 32nd floor which made the views lovely. Room was spacious and well decorated, with the exception of the lack of mirrors in the room itself. I ended up having to sit on the floor to style my hair. I found the lighting in the bathroom very dull, making me seem dull as well which was not the look I was going for. Dusting should include all areas in the room and the areas around the coffee machine were not nice at all. We had dinner in the restaurant at the top floor which was of very high standard, mostly due to the staff and service. Breakfast was served on the second floor, and it was just like being in a all inclusive resort where people are rushing and pushing to get tables and food. Weird. Getting refills on coffee was a nightmare, and it surprised me that there weren't staff refilling cups. Small detail, but means a lot when you're paying the 5star prices. Finally, the elevators took ages! Abit of confusion as to which elevator to take, and when one arrived, people piled in. The location of this hotel is very convenient, with easy access to the train station and shopping areas. With a couple of minor improvements, it could be much nicer.

Room Tip: Although the top floors offer a wonderful view, the time it takes for an elevator to arrive means yo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SaraOppdal
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I arrived here early on Thursday 19th September, but my room was already ready so checking in was effortless and quickly done. I was upgraded to a junior suite on the 26th floor, which was really nice. Great views from the room, far away you can see the Holmenkollen ski jump arena.

Good service at the reception, nice and clean room, but they could learn something from their colleagues in Copenhagen when it comes to arranging events. Pretty soon after we started our event there was a shortage of both food and drinks, not good at all. Every aspect of the event that we had in Copenhagen the next day was so much better, nearly amazing that there was such a big difference between the two hotels.

Apart from that I have nothing to complain about.

As mentioned I got an upgraded room; the room was nice and everything was clean and I did not miss anything at all.

The location of this hotel was perfect for me this stay, as it takes only a couple of minute to walk to the central train station where you can jump on the train to the airport.

Breakfast was ok, but that is all.

The service in the reception was good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank vibran
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Hotel is located near Oslo S central railway station, so it's basically in the heart of the city. The good thing is that it is close to all attractions, but the bad thing with the location is that railway station's surrounding is not very nice. At least I did not feel comfortable.

Front desk's people were extremely friendly and helpful. I really felt welcomed to the hotel. Check in and check out were efficient and fast.

Room was rather small, but nice and clean. The view from room was magnificent, especially in the evening. One nice detail was the opposite mirrors, creating infinity effect. Due to those mirrors, the room felt larger than it actually was.

Unfortunately I did not have time to test the gym and swimming pool located on the top floors of the hotel.

High quality and quite expensive, but that is Oslo...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business