“Awesome”
Review of Chateau Apartments

Chateau Apartments
Ranked #66 of 100 Hotels in Oslo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Kanpur, India
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Only downside is a that it is little outside the city-center (but not very far within an average walking distance) and location looks a bit shabby. But please do not let that discourage you from choosing it as a place to stay. Cheap as hell by Scandinavian standards. Spacious apartments (in fact it was bigger and better than my present flat!), clean and hygienic, strong wi-fi signal, comfortable beds, decent place to cook light food, refrigerator provided, plenty of budget eateries around, very friendly and communicative staff. Pity that I stayed there for only one night.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sagar_C
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I arrived at the Chateau Apartment with a sinking feeling after reading previous reviews on Trip Adviser. It was a dark and Wet night and they are a little hard to find as they are at the end of a side Street and name Board is not very big . On entering I was met by a very nice Young man who had all my details to hand and shortly after with my Code Card in hand I made my way to the 5th Floor and my apartment. I had reserved a Studio Apartment but was given a 2 Bedroomed apartment . It was very clean and well furnished with a huge Flat Screen TV I could not have been more delighted. The Staff I met another member of staff the next day - a young lady this time who again was most helpful and sorted out the TV for me as I had been pressing all the wrong buttons. I most certainly would reccomend these apartments to any of my friends
and I cannot understand how they had managed to clock up so many bad reviews previously. Lets hope I was at the start of a new beginning and for the price you cannot get better as they onceyou have sorted out the trams and the busses are very Central to everywhere and locally there are some very nice restaurants and bars. I give 10 out of 10 to the Chataue Apartments.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2012

we stayed at room 306,for 5 days on September 2012.We were 6 people.The apartment was beautiful,huge,clean and sunny.It had 3 bedrooms,not big,but with the necesary space.Each one had a 2 person bed,2 cabines and a wardrobe,white decoration and a large window.The salon was good with a black sofa,dinertable,a huge tv and a well orginised kitchen.The 2 bathrooms were huge and clean.
The problems:First the beds didnt have sheets!!We asked to bring to us repeatedly but the reception just ignored us.So we were sleeping without sheets(the beds were smelling clean although!).Second,the towels werent enough.We asked for more,but guess what...!They ignored us!And third,there was nothing to sweap the bathroom after the bath.
The view was nothing special but the hotel is 10 minutes on foot from the center.I would come again to this hotel,but they must do something with their receptionist.

ps:We left an olive oil and a shampoo for the next residents!!

• Stayed September 2012
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Myself and friends from the UK travelled to Oslo for a reunion and looked everywhere for somewhere to stay, from hostels to hotels. The chateau apartments came up as we were looking for somewhere that could accommodate 8 people (one was joining us from another part of Norway). This apartment cost us 2400 Krone which worked out at about £32 each for two nights. The hostels were about £30 per night so this place was a bargain.

When we arrived checking in was so easy, although be careful as the office is only open for short periods of time and if you miss the office you won't be able to check in. We couldn't believe the size of the apartment. One large dining area, kitchen and living room, on the same floor was a big twin/double room and a large wet room. On the second floor was another twin/double room and then up a couple of stairs was another room which had two more sets of twin/double beds. We also had access to the roof which on one night we stood and watched fireworks.
There is a lift to all floors as well as the stairs and they do have quiet time after 10pm. I read other reviews and have to agree in the sense that my only criticism is that one bathroom was not enough for 8 people, one more toilet would have been useful and there was definitely enough room in the apartment for one.
It is about a 25 minute walk to the port where you can get a boat trip about the fjords or walk up the roof of the opera house.

Bedding is provided and one towel per guest is on your bed when you arrive.

All in all it was probably one of the best value for money apartments i have ever found and should i return to Oslo i would book here without hesitation.

Room Tip: We did here that the smaller apartments are small, but if you are a large group or maybe 5+ book the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
FInland
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Spent couple of nights here coming and returning and both times rooms were very satisfactory with huge high ceiling rooms and very spacious living room/kitchen. Finding a parking space was pain both times since hotel doesn't have any parking except couple of places in front of hotel. When asked about parking advice is "good luck" with smile. But actually best tactics seems to be to drive around couple of blocks or even better to walk since many of the nearby roads are narrow one direction. There are very few free places but plenty of paid and even a parking hall which takes hefty 30€ for parking one night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Riga
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Room and equipment is very ok, as well as hotel location. The weird thing is stuff and organization; after stuff change they locked our room because the guy didn't know that we have booked the room till the next day! Our room was in strange place in the basement and we had to go through 8 (!!) doors to reach our flat. The last night signalization turned on for unknown reason ruining the night rest. Since there is none at the reception during nighttime and chech-out it was frightening and we didn't got to know the reason for it.
In general - very convenient place for extremely expensive Norway. Kitchen saves you a lot of money for eating as long as you are ready to cook something. Very spacy, clean rooms. Just.. be ready for surprises :) This price includes them! As long as you are open-minded they are ok ;)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com