First Hotel Grims Grenka
Hotels.com
$205
$276
  • Pool
Comfort Hotel Boersparken(Oslo)(Great Value!)
$136
$257
$201
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswaterfall showerrooftop barrecommend this hotelboutique hotelnice hotelbreakfast buffetnice staygreat breakfastlocation is excellentaker bryggestandard roomthe main streetpublic transportthe central train stationcity centreopera housecatwalk
Reviewed January 18, 2014

The design of the room took a bit of getting used to but that was my issue rather than the hotel's. Beautifully located near the Opera House, harbour and central railway station. The guy on reception was passionate about Oslo. He took time to show us the best places to go and we followed his recommendations to have a wonderful day walking around the city. He said to make ourselves at home and we felt so comfortable because I think he genuinely wanted us to enjoy the best of Oslo.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Noisy, dark, not practical. They provided us with loud techno music till late at night and were given no option to avoid it.
We booked a Garden Suite, it was big , altough almost half of it was a corridor. It was very dark because of the lack of lamps, particularly the bathroom, the shower had not a single light, perhaps to don´t let you notice that there are not any hangers either where to leave a used towell. There is no way to close the toilette door because of a huge design fail.
Air conditioning and heating just didn´t work. And the air conditioning exhaust is positioned just over the bed and pointing directly at your nose.
Take care of room service, you´ll pay the fee but won´t get the service. Our menu options were narrowed to two dishes because people at the restaurant were too busy!.
I must say though that situation, breakfast and bed quality were excelent.
I would recommend it just for young trendy alcoholics who don´t care much about sleeping at night.

Room Tip: Aim for a high room to avoid the noise in the internal patio and restaurant.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank YGC2013
Linda S, General Manager at First Hotel Grims Grenka, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear YGC2013,

Greetings and many thanks for your comprehensive review of Grims Grenka.
Very happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, breakfast and comfortable Jensen beds.
We are really sorry though, that your stay with us in total was not up to standard. What you have experienced does not reflect the profile First Hotel Grims Grenka is known for.

The situation with loud music from the Christmas party in the restaurant was very unfortunate, and the whole Management group has taken action to prevent this from happening again.
We are also looking into the light system in order to impove it in the somewhat darker rooms.
As to the ventilation system in your room, our Technical Manager will enhance this.
I am sorry that you did not accept our offers to switch rooms or other allowances provided.

I would like to thank you once again for your comments that will allow us to provide a better quality of service to future guests. I would also like to thank you for the thouroughness in this review, as it provides us with an invaluable insight into your stay. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Grims Grenka and providing you with the factors that you felt were missing.

Yours sincerely,
Linda Søvik

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This was a very nice hotel. The staff was very helpful and always with a smile on their faces.
Loved it! The second i came in I realized this was going to be great. And my instincts was right, the Autumn Suite blew my mind. Couldnt stop smiling! The hotel was fantastic, the staff was really helpfull and the food at Madu was incredible! Top score from me. 10/10. Bravo!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I spent a week in Grims Grenka hotel, due to a work trip. The location is great, just a few minutes walk from the main shopping street Karl Johans gate and main railway station (also the station to airport express train, Flytoget). Also not far from the nice restaurant area Aker Brygge, about 10-15 minutes by foot.
Clean and modern rooms with extremely comfortable beds. However, the airconditioning could not be changed or switched off/on, which made the room too cold to my taste. Good breakfast buffet with lots of choice and a practical Nespresso coffee machine (also in the reception lounge).
Reception service was mostly very friendly. Lounge is nice with a dj playing music during the weekends. A bar is also available in the reception lounge (that is not open every night for some reason).
Overall, a good experience! And definitely worth the price considering the Oslo hotel price level.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Anu H
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have stayed at First Hotel Grims Grenska October 16, I had a friendly booking by Linda the GM, a warm welcome at arrival, this design hotel looks and is great at a great location. The staff at check out was also smiling, polite and efficient. Keep on going

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo