Frogner House Apartments - Skovveien 8
  • Pool
$189
$407
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Hotel Boersparken(Oslo)(Great Value!)
$158
$202
TripAdvisor
$482
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnice apartmentwell equipped kitchenlaundry facilitiesbedroom apartmenthome away from hometram stopdining tablefrogner parksmall kitchenettewashing machinebig windowsnational theatretrams and busesexcellent locationbars and restaurantspublic transportroyal palace
Reviewed February 4, 2014

This small hotel is very beautifully decorated.
I stayed at the top floor in a reasonable sized bedroom with a great bathroom. There's a queen bed a small rounded table and a kitchenette, which was very helpful. There's a market just around the corner where we could buy everything we needed for preparing our meals.
We missed simple stuff that would made everything perfect: instructions on how to operate the oven (first time I had to go after someone to help me turn it on) and hangers in the bathroom (it was very spacious but there's no place to put your stuff).
I didn't like that I had to share a queen bed with my mom, apparently the hotel don't have rooms with two separate single beds. I asked for it when I booked and again at the front office, but they said they didn't have them.
Be aware that there's no one at the hotel from 11pm to 08am, so it's not good for people arriving on those hours.
Overall, it's a great location and a modern, clean hotel.
I would come back again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
FHA2014, Manager at Frogner House Apartments - Skovveien 8, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your review.
we are happy to hear that you liked the interior of Frogner House, and that you overall had a good stay. We are currently working on imrpovements,and since your stay in June we have now started with a 24/7 hours open reception, so if anyone arrives late they will have the night duty assisting them with check in. We do have a few studi apartments were we can make the double beds into single beds, and I am sorry we did not have any available for your stay.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Very clean apartment. Warm welcome by the receptionist and at home in an instant.
Only thing I missed in the studio was a chair to work at the desk and a powerplug other than for the lights. Located near City center with the Royal Palace around the corner.

Room Tip: all rooms are excelent.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
FHA2014, Manager at Frogner House Apartments - Skovveien 8, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Gerrit,
Thank you for your feedback. We value your comments and will take them in consideration for future improvements.
We hope to see you back one day!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Traveling for business can be stressful and exhausting, but the staff at the Frogner house made me feel at home in a new city as soon as I arrived. As a first time visitor to Oslo, I found the central location of the hotel excellent as I was able to walk anywhere in the city within 10-20 minutes. Staff were able to provide me with directions and advice that proved very useful. The suite itself was well appointed and furnished. The bed and amenities were comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning to visit Oslo.

Dear Darren,
Thank you for your review!
It makes us very happy to hear that we were able to create an little more relaxed atmosphere on your business trip, and that you enjoyed staying with us.
Should business bring you back to Oslo again, please do not hesitate to contact us, we will be glad to welcome you back.
Kind Regards
Emma Wendel, Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 29, 2014

The apartment is well decorated and the facilities; lounge downstairs, kitchen within the apartment, launderette are very helpful.

We travelled to the apartments via tram (no 12 outside the Oslo train station on the left side of the building) and stopped at 'Niel Juels' tram stop before walking 5 mins to the apartment.

Oslo is not very big and I think we would have walked the whole city was it not for the snow everywhere when we were here in January 2014.

There are shops and restaurants, supermarket, 7-11, mc donalds and a lot of other shops around the area.

We read reviews before booking the place and it we really liked the place. Yes the shower does get messy as the shower doors does not keep the water in, and I couldn't see any plugs on the kitchen table, so if you wanted to use the kettle, toaster or coffee machine provided, you had to put it on the floor.

But the deco and the layout of the room is so nice and felt like we almost could move in here for a month. It is refreshing to have stayed here away from hotels, since we were travelling a total of 16 days through Europe.

Would recommend and would return as the price was very competitive in Oslo.

Room Tip: Since the room is on a side street, the noise was not that noticable. We stayed in room 308 (placed randomly) and the noise seems fine and the deco of the room was tidy, clean and funky. The apartment was surprising warm when it was -4 outside.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
FHA2014, Manager at Frogner House Apartments - Skovveien 8, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Good Morning,
Thank you for taking of your time to write a review! We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you could feel Home away from home.
We hope that you enjoyed your trip through Europe, and we hope to see you as a guest at Frogner House in the future!
Best Regards, Emma Wendel, Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I've been working in Oslo full-time from France for the last month and stayed at the Frogner Service Apartments at Skoveien 8. It easily ticks all the boxes for the best service apartment I've stayed at.
Building: It's a beautiful, well-kept old building with a lot of character. The reception is well decorated and inviting with the smell of fresh coffee. There's laundry facilities on each floor and free to use.
Apartment: It has enough space to make you feel at home. The bed is amazing... it will be greatly missed when I leave. The kitchen is well stocked with cutlery etc. The bathroom is neat and clean. If anything the bathroom was missing more hooks for towels and the apartment's mood lighting was a little too dark.
Location: It is #1 with 2min walk to Solli Plass for all buses/trams, dozens of cafes and bars within the street corner and 7/11, mini-mart and ICA supermarket across the road. It is 10min walk to NationalTheatret for flytoget to airport. The area is safe and well-lit. It is the perfect inner city location and I loved that I was living above a bagel shop.
Staff: The reception staff were always helpful and friendly. Cecilie always responded to my emails promptly and with all the information I needed.

Hello,
What a pleasant start of the morning to read your review!
This is just what we want our guest to feel when they are staying with us, and we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us whilst working in Oslo.
Should you be coming back to Oslo in the future we will be more than happy to welcome you back. (You might be happy for the information that we are working on improvements of the lightnings in the apartments)