“The Ski Jump Tower is quite something”

Holmenkollen Ski Museum and Ski Jump Tower
Book In Advance
$100.32*
and up
Private Shore Excursion: Best of Oslo 4-Hour Tour with Vigeland Park and Viking...
$51.40*
Visit Oslo Pass
$61.16*
and up
All-Inclusive Oslo City Tour: Vigeland Park, Fram Museum or Kon-Tiki Museum...
Ranked #7 of 403 things to do in Oslo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A historic landmark in the Norwegian consciousness, Holmenkollen embodies more than a century of skiing tradition. Inside the actual ski jump is the Holmenkollen Ski Museum, the world's oldest ski museum. The museum presents over 4,000 years of skiing history and polar exploration artifacts. The observation deck on top of the jump tower offers panoramic views of Oslo. Open 365 days a year!
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The ski jump tower looks like a thing from outer space. Sorry if I sound ignorant because I really have no idea about ski places. But the ski area / stadium was awesome.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,523)

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I too rode the simulator on my 3rd visit to the Ski area. I was scared to death. I knew that I would be the first person to crash and die in a simulator. After I survived, I realized what a great experience it really was.

1  Thank VikingDenverCO
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Had a spare day in weekend after a hectic week, we decided that city was boring...and lets venture out... this ski resort was something of a new experience and hence thought it would be a good place... and YES IT WAS!!! Taxis are freakishly expensive in Oslo and hence had purchased a Ruter pass couple of days back..( this can be used in train, bus, tram, boat). You can purchase a daily or a weekly pass from any NARVESSEN store. buying single ride tickets are a bit more expensive ( obviously!!!). the train took exactly 20 min to reach the place... and what a difference it was from Oslo city!!! full misty and wet....!!!
it was bone chilling cold...we took a short walk up to the ski jump and museum. Unfortunately it was so foggy , was not able to see the full structure.... but could make out...how scarily low it went!!!
we walked around for the next half an hour beyond the jump and all we could see was just snow all around!!! it was WHITE everywhere! We had a lot of fun playing in the snow and clicking snaps and videos. Then out of curiosity, took a ride in the ski simulator. its a 5 min ride but gives the entire 1st angle view of how a skier see its at 130km/hr!!! it was thrilling and for 60 NOK a person it was worth it! then we walked back to the station and back to National Theather, close to where we where staying that day!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Seeing the view from the top of the tower was amazing! To imagine standing up there on a pair of skis getting ready to jump was unbelievable. The museum itself was also interesting but I would skip the simulator next time. It was very short and not all that exciting.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Luckilly there was still lots of snow on the ground and light snow falling when I toured this Oslo site. Made it feel more winter like, even tough the Ski Jump was not being used (end of season was at the end of March). The museum there is nice, and they have a quaint cafe to grab a warm drink if you're there when it is cold. I can only imagine you can have great views from this location on a clear day. It was snowing where we were there, but that is fine...it added to the caricature of area.