“Great hotel , reasonable prices.”

Comfort Hotel Boersparken
Ranked #38 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed December 5, 2010

Had a nice stay at this hotel on our week -end trip in Oslo. The hotel has a terrific location, just a few minutes from the central station. We were lucky to get a room on the sixth floor with a fantastic view over Oslo. We could see the beautiful opera-house, which was in walking distance.
Even though the hotel is located in a busy street, the room was surprisingly quiet. The bed was very comfortable. If we were to stay for a longer periode, we would probably have missed a wardrobe, or somewhere to put our clothes. But for a week-end, that wasn't a problem.
The breakfast was nice, with a hot variety, different kinds of bread, cereals etc. We didn't miss a thing!
We will definately book this hotel on our next stay in Oslo!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank britsun
Write a ReviewReviews (2,040)

Reviewed November 27, 2010

This is not the first time I have stayed at Comfort Hotel Børsparken, but it might just be my last. The overall experience was average, and I expected much more from what I payed for.

Positive things: Free WiFi, good location, ok breakfast, free coffee in the reception.

Negative things: I had to change room two times, due to some mix up with my reservation. This can of course happen, but it would certainly be nice if the staff at least tried to appologize for the inconvenience. The superior room, was far from superior. The beed was comfortable enough, but the bedsheets should have been thrown away due to some black spots. There were no pictures on the wall, there was no coffee machine as advertised (but they did have a water heater and freeze dried coffee), no bathroom articles and in general both the room and the bathroom should have been refurbished a long time ago.

Next time I would rather go to another Choice hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
1  Thank Chippen
Reviewed October 11, 2010

When you walk in the door 6 months after your first stay in a hotel and the personnel recognizes you, let me tell you that you feel welcome and a little like a regular! When you are travelling alone it's a nice feeling. The central location is very convenient and the hotel itself it comfortable, the lobby a welcoming place where there are always people lingering. We will not look for another address when looking for a hotel in Oslo.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank ALCFrance
linnsvendsen, Hotel Manager at Comfort Hotel Boersparken, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2010

Dear ALCFrance,

Thank you for a great review - I have passed it on the the Front Desk Staff, and they loved to hear that you felt welcome and enjoyed your stay!

Welcome back to Børsparken!

Reviewed September 27, 2010

Whilst it is well-known that Oslo is one of the most expensive cities in the world (and this extends to hotel accommodation), this hotel attempts to provide reasonably priced rooms for travellers in a central location. I had read that the area in which the hotel is located is the seedy party of Oslo. If this is the case, I would love to see what these same reviewers would make of my own home town (Dublin), as I found everywhere in Oslo to be extremely safe, unthreatening, clean and welcoming, including the Boersparken area. It is a ten-minute walk to the stunning opera house, ten minutes to the train station and there are trams to the cool Vigilen park nearby. My main gripe with this hotel was the size of our room which was barely large enough for our double bed. I appreciate that the hotel is not very high-end, but the images on the website don't depict the reality of at least some rooms. The breakfast was good, however, and the reception staff efficient. Would probably go elsewhere next time thogh, as we found the room too claustrophobic.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear jonathanhealy,

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it!

This area used to be very different than what it is today, and it is still changing to the better as the city centre now is slightly moving due to the new opera house and the building of new areas in Oslo that will be surrounding the opera house. Thank you for pointing out that you felt safe, I am sure that is helpful to a lot of our future guests.

Regarding the rooms, there are some differences in them, sizewise. If you are staying for several days, please feel free to ask the reception for a larger room, and we will do our best to make sure you get exactly that.

I hope you enjoyed your stay, and that we will get the chance to welcome you back on another occasion!

Reviewed September 20, 2010

The hotel was exactly what we were expecting. A perfectly adequate hotel in a very central spot. The breakfast was fine, but the rooms were on the small side and the mattresses spongy.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Anthony81,

Thank you for your review!

I hope we get to welcome you back on another occasion!

Kind regards

Reviewed September 19, 2010

The hotel is located just two blocks from the main station and from the main thoroughfare of Karl Johans Gate; tram stops are also close by. The area felt perfectly safe to me at all times.

At first glance, the hotel looks slightly shabby from the outside, but is much better inside.

My room was clean, modern with a flatscreen LCD TV, a comfortable bed with a good duvet rather than (unhygienic) blankets, and an invigorating hot shower (in a cubicle). They were a bit stingy with the towels though, and my face towel had to later double-up as a floor mat.

My room on the seventh floor also had the bonus of a nice view over the eastern part of the harbour, though this was luck, and I wouldn't count on getting a "room with a view".

Free Internet wifi is offered via access cards available at reception; each card expires four hours after first use. There are also two Internet-enabled PCs in Reception for those who don't have their own laptops or smartphones.

Complimentary tea, coffee and fruit is also available at most times from the breakfast room.

Speaking of breakfast, there was a pretty good selection of hot and cold food and cereals etc. My only gripe is that, at weekends, breakfast isn't available until 08:00. When you want to maximise sightseeing time, especially as the days become shorter, this is disappointingly late.

Overall though, it's a decent hotel, and I would stay there again...

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Jezster

Dear Jezster,

Thank you for a really good and detailed review!

I am sure a lot of our future guests will appreciate this. If you would like your breakfast earlier, please order an Earlybird-breakfast from the Front Desk the night before, and we'll make sure you have at least some breakfast before you are off to explore Oslo!

I hope we get the chance to welcome you back!

Kind regards

Reviewed September 19, 2010

I stayed in this hotel twice for a total of 3 nights within a week during my first holiday in Norway. I was allocated a double room (for single use) on the top floor facing the inner courtyard in both occasions. The room was clean and tidy and was quite spacious too. It was quiet and i was able to get a good night sleep. The TV program was rather scarce with 7 local channels and BBC news only. The breakfast offered had a good spread of choices (bread, cheese, ham, cereals, biscuits, eggs, sausages and local specialities) and there was 24 hr free coffee and tea available at the reception. If you checked out in the early hours, a pre-packed sandwich and coffee/tea was available for take out. There were 2 free terminals with internet connection available for guest use at the reception.

The reception staff was friendly and helpful. I arrived very early for the first stay after an overnight flight from Asia and the room was not available for check-in. I was offered luggage storage and free breakfast and the room was made available at 10 am. This really impressed me as most other hotels are available for check-in only after 12 noon or later.

The location of the hotel was also very good as it was just 2 blocks away from the Oslo central train station and the walk to the hotel was just 5 minutes. There was subway, bus and tram connections just outside the central station which made travelling to other parts of the city very convenient.

The price that i paid for my stay was of good value as breakfast was included in the price and Oslo was probably one of the most expensive city in the world. I will not hesitate to stay in this hotel if i were to visit Oslo again and will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a comfortable and value for money accomodation in Oslo.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank SQFlyer72

Dear SQFlyer72,

Thank you very much for a great review! We appreciate it, and I am sure future guests do too!

I hope we get to welcome you back to Børsparken!