“Awesome Staff”

Ranked #33 of 100 Hotels in Oslo
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Awesome Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

This was my first stay in Oslo so I cannot compare this hotel with others in the city but compared with other European hotels this was a very nice place to stay. The lobby was large, modern and sleek and the staff was so very friendly and helpful, the room was lovely, not too small, I loved the wood floors and the clean white duvets. The breakfast was grand with many selections. All together a great stay wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
linnsvendsen, Hotel Manager at Comfort Hotel Boersparken, responded to this review, November 19, 2010
Dear Teri_TX,

Thank you for a great review!

I hope we get to welcome you back to Børsparken!

Kind regards,

Linn Svendsen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Basel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2010

First off, let me say I am a very picky traveler. I was, in general, disappointed with the hotel which was rated no. 9 in Oslo.
Good points:
Waffles - free waffles are served in the afternoon at 5:00.
Central location - 5 min. walk from central train station
Friendly staff
Good internet access
Excellent breakfsat
Flat screen tv
24-hour coffee/tea available (free)
Fairly reasonable rate for Oslo (VERY EXPENSIVE CITY!)

Badpoints:
Though I ordered a wake up call, the front desk forgot.
The day before I arrived, I called the hotel to find out if there was a fitness room. Was told that there was access to a sister hotel with fitness room and pool. I thus packed my gym things and swimming suit, causing me to have to pay for luggage. When I got there, was told that no longer applied. Since 1 day??? Sounds fishy to me.
No English language newspaper.
Fire alarm (false alarm) went off at midnight - obviously not the hotel's fault, but still upsetting to be awakened in the middle of the night.
Maid service did not make bed, just arranged duvet. The bedspread was still crumpled up when I returned to room.
Though the hotel wasn't dirty, the rooms did not really feel clean. Carpet and furniture dated, but still functional.

I probably would stay here again, but I was disappointed in the negatives I experienced.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
linnsvendsen, Manager at Comfort Hotel Boersparken, responded to this review, June 18, 2010
Dear Basel-CH,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay, I really appreciate that.

I am sorry to hear that our hotel did not quite live up to your expectations. Please be informed that I have passed this on to our Housekeeping Department regarding not making your bed correctly, and the Front Desk regarding your missing wake up call and the misinforming you about the gym before arrival. Unfortunately there had been a change that we simply had not been informed about, so that was how that happened. As I do not know the room number you were in, it is difficult to adress this directly to the staff involved. Please feel free to drop me an email if you would like to share this with me.

In regards of the fire alarm going off, there is unfortunately not much we can do. I absolutely understand that it is annoying being woke up in the middle of the night, but we are not going to make any changes to its sensitivity as this would compromise our guests safety - and that is always the most important thing to us.

We actually do have English Newspapers, but we do not get many (3-4) as the demand for it has not been that great. We will of course consider taking in more if this is something our guests would like more of.

Finally, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the waffles, free internet and our location. I hope you had a good stay in Oslo, and hopefully we will see you again soon!

Kind regards
Comfort Hotel Børsparken

Linn H. Svendsen
Hotel Manager
Hemnesberget, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2010

My husband and I decided to travel to Oslo as a the spur of the moment decision for the finale of the Eurovision Song Contest and surprisingly rooms were available at this hotel. When we first booked online it was a bit strange that rooms were "available", but when we attempted to confirm our booking there was suddenly nothing available. Two attempts and a refresh later we had our room but not without doubt.

Check-in was quick and problem free, but to our disappointment we found out that we could not have breakfast the next morning. Our flight was leaving Gardermoen a little after 9am the following day, but breakfast is served at 8am on Sundays. Since we pay for the breakfast (included in room price) it would have been nice to have had it available, but oh well. No suggestions or compensation were offered by the staff either. Perhaps if we had stayed at a proper business hotel it would have been available earlier, but no biggie. We survived! :) At least there was free wireless in the hotel! This is a nice extra to the small business station they have in the lobby.

The location is ok since it's only a 5 minute walk from sentralstasjon (central station) but I will warn that it's not in the best location either. The stock exchange district is also known for many other unwanted company. Much like at the opposite end of the city you'll find many folk under the influence but they won't bother you. It's convenient because it's a close walk, but it didn't exactly scream safe either. The room was very clean and sufficient for our needs that night. The bathroom was small but VERY clean (a must for us!), the beds were comfortable, and the windows opened to a quiet street. There is no coffeemaker, safe, or minifridge, but considering the price and description of the room/hotel it wasn't expected either.

If I were visiting Oslo again for a short stay without our children I might consider staying here again. As I've said it was sufficient, but still very average. At least I don't have any complaints!

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
barcelona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2010

We stayed the weekend in this hotel, Friday to Sunday.
It is convenient, just a couple of hundred metres from the main station/bus station.
The beds are the most comfortable I have ever had, as simple as that.
Staff were efficient and the breakfast buffet ample and of good quality, always a sign of a well run place; cleanliness was well up to par.
It is an easy walk to the city centre, the harbour, opera house and is directly opposite the stock exchange; you could easily go from the hotel to the airport (Gardamoen) in 30 minutes using the fast train.
It loses out on value simply because it is in Norway where prices, for non Norwegians, are outrageous, beyond any kind of sense.

West Sussex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2010

Just returned from Oslo and stayed in this hotel just 10 mins walk away from the train and bus terminal. The city is 15 mins walk away. Its quiet, clean, the staff are very helpful and the breakfast very plentiful and good quality. Oslo is a lovely but expensive city and this is well worth considering if you are looking for comfort and value.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2010

This is a really good value hotel near the city center in Oslo. I got a lot of sightseeing in during my visit. I am from an urban area in the US and did not find the neighborhood sketchy at all, even when I left at 5am to catch the train back to the airport. I was in a single room which was extremely small but fine for me for just two nights. The showers are also very small--euro-style space efficiency. I thought that they breakfast buffet was terrific and enjoyed the availability of tea, coffee, cocoa, and food for purchase 24 hours a day. The proximity to the train station is a huge plus. The free internet requires 4 hour scratch cards, which is kind of irritatin, though the people at the front desk will hook you up with several if you ask. I wonder if they're really saving money with scratch cards vs just having the wireless freely available.

My one complaint with this hotel are the pillows. I usually sleep with 1 king and 1 regular sized pillow. I don't think that having 2 regular sized pillows in a comfort hotel is too much to ask. However, there was only 1 pillow in my room, and it was like a mini-pillow, a toddler sized pillow. Two of the three nights I was there, the front desk was able to provide me with an extra pillow, also mini sized, but one night there were no extras. I suggest that this hotel invest in some normal sized pillows with some loft, and have 2 pillows per person available. It really affects sleep quality.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2010

Staff and service was very good at Boersparken. Reception staff were extremely helpful and willingly assisted with our enquiries. The room was a little on the small side and there wasn't a wardrobe to store items if you are staying longer than a night or two. Beds were comfortable but the pillows were tiny. Free tea, coffee and hot chocolate in the lobby was a very nice touch, and much appreciated at the end of a long day. There was also complimentary fruit available. The internet was free in rooms and there were a couple of computers available in the comfortable lobby. Our room faced the park and had a view towards the opera house. However, the noise of traffic could be heard if windows were open. (Great to be able to have fresh air)