CitySightseeing Norway

from $50.32
More Info
from $45.17
More Info
All reviews buses run regularly ear phones cruise pier your bearings tour bus capital city royal palace northern lights polar ship folk museum narration scandinavia
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

City Sightseeing's Hop on Hop off bus takes you where you want to go, it runs frequently and is easy to use BUT it is terrible for sight seeing. The front window of the second deck of the bus had a big "City Sightseeing" decal right across the front. The only good view of the Royal Palace was through that window but it was blocked. Because I was getting off at several stops, on some of the runs I was on the lower deck. The windows of the lower deck have super graphics visible from the outside. Looking through them from the inside the view is marred by hundreds of little black dots. The company is, apparently, more interested in attracting new riders than allowing the ones on board too see from the inside. I had my camera and could not take good pictures because of the decal and graphics.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed February 12, 2019

We had a great time on the Norway sightseeing bus. The headphones were very helpful and we were able to learn a lot about Norway!

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed December 30, 2018 via mobile

It was a really lovely time. Full of natural places. The perfect harmony for who is seeking a place to enjoy and appreciate the nature.

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed September 14, 2018

Maybe it was the fact that it was the first stop after nearly 36 hours at sea from Newcastle, we were tired and not really appreciative of what Oslo had to offer. Visited the royal palace and was immediately warned by a young guard to not get too close to the gate. I was only trying to get a photo of the palace without the bars being in the way. Fabulous Main Street with restaurants and fantastic street furniture. But after that we couldn't be bothered with much else especially since it was horrendously expensive. We couldn't believe some of the prices. £1.50 for a single nectarine, £3.50 for a cauliflower and the kicker was £2 to visit the logo in Oslo station. Had a bladder the size of a spacehopper by the time we got back to the boat but we weren't going to pay that. Others on the boat said that paid £16.70 for ping of local beer.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

The bus was always very full meaning you really couldn’t see anything. I’d also actually dispute the idea it was a sightseeing trip, after zipping through the more interesting areas we appeared at the first cruise ship stop. The bus remained at this stop for 20 minutes, with a gradual flow of cruise ship passengers joining the bus. As non cruise ship passengers there was little for us to do parked on a dockside by a ship for so long.
The bus then took off towards the opera house, stopped briefly to collect money from cruise ship passengers who’d not paid at the previous stop, and then pulled into the next cruise ship dock. Obviously this ship had less gullible passengers as we only spent 5 minutes at this stop.
At roughly £36 each I’d suggest giving this “cruise ship” shuttle service, poorly named as a sight seeing tour, a BIG MISS.
I know Oslo isn’t the place to go if you’re on a tight budget but generally you get something for the payment. The “tour bus” found it difficult to deliver on this concept.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed August 26, 2018

I'm a frequent user of HoHo buses when visiting cities. I always take my own headphones as I suspected the ones supplied would be unwearable (they were).

I guess we all know Scandinavia is expensive and these buses were no exception. I paid twice what I paid for a similar service in Hamburg and more than I've ever paid for a HoHo bus anywhere in the world. To give him his due the ticket seller did give me a small reduction when I told him I had used their Hamburg service.

The service was what I expected. The commentary was one of the best-spoken I've ever heard. We did stop off during the journey at a museum (Fram) and spent a fascinating two hours there. These buses are quite a good way of getting to see a lot of a city quite quickly.

Date of experience: August 2018