“Great place, great food, great shakes, great staff”

The Nighthawk Diner
Ranked #436 of 1,518 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Authentic diner at Grünerlokka with hamburgers, steaks, pancakes, pies, milkshakes and other American classics on the menu. Good selection of quality beers and cocktails. Breakfast served weekdays from 7 am and on weekends from 10 am. Children's menu.
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Brought 9 colleagues here tonight. We all gad a great time as the staff were friendly, the food was super tasty and the shakes were to die for. Everyone had a great time and the locals were all saying they would be back.

Need to book as even on a weds night it was packed with people enjoying themselves..

Super super!!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We visited mid morning on a Monday for brunch. We hadn't booked but only had to wait at the bar for around ten minutes before a table for the three of us became free. It is plain to see why this place is so popular. There is a good atmosphere, the food is really tasty and the prices are reasonable in an otherwise expensive city. Service was efficient and friendly. We visit family in Oslo four or five times a year and will definitely eat here again.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Yesterday me and my husband went to the Nighthawk Diner, without reservation we arrived there around 20:30 - but only 10 minutes waiting in the bar before we were shown to a table. I have read the other reviews about the service just now, so Im happy to say that our experience was very different, so they might have worked on the issue (hopefully..). We felt welcome and well taken care of, even when I asked the waitress something in the menu she actually sat down by our side, and really payed attention to my quiestion, she was really THERE, and that was so nice. Though this is a meat place, organic meat even, burgers, ribs, steak etc, I ordered the veggieburger, quite sceptic but I took the chance..and it was good! Served with fries, salad, bun, chipotle mayo and coleslaw (quite mayo that one, but good and greasy right! With any other dish I would have skipped the coleslaw but with the burger it fitted well)

The workers was busy but they seemed happy and satisfied being there, especially one guy (from the north?) were very attentive and friendly, checking on us. Filling up water when empty etc.. I ordered cheesecake for dessert, and it was great! Big piece with berrysauce and cream, nicely served (abundant) and rich and dense, just how I like it. Im not a fan of overly sweet, light and jelly-on-top cheesecakes. So this hit the spot. Well done :) The price was 79,- well worth it. I have been to many other places paying 90 kr for a cake and not nearly as abundant and nice served as this.

I payed 165,- for the veggieburger - a fair price.

This is a good place to go when you have the craving for some greasy, good tasty meal - or even just to have a slice of cheesecake. :) I will come back to try the egg breakfast one time..

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were there on Saturday afternoon around 2. It was busy and had to wait in the line. It didn't take long until we got the table. But after we sat down, it took quite a while before we got served. In fact no one came to us so we had to wave a hand to call for a service. The food arrived pretty quickly after we ordered. Its huge and really nice! So the service was a little slow but worth try american style breakfast and burger.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Always busy for a reason! Make reservations... or be prepared to wait.

Great selection of beers, with Chicago's Goose Island IPA as a personal favorite of mine.

Burger (Nighthawk combo) was awesome too.