“Awesome food for a decent price”

Statholderens Mat & Vinkjeller
Ranked #45 of 1,446 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Oslo, Norway
“Awesome food for a decent price”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Here you get superb food in a relaxed atmosphere... They serve a 10 meal course for 599 NOK. The headchef/owner is Bent Stiansen, former world champ chef...
My favourite restaurant!

2 Thank SiljeFH

Norway
“Great food and service”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We enjoyed the very best of food and wine in this restaurant. It was just a great joy. We had the large set menu, end enjoyed every course. The only thing to complain about was the wine prices, they are all to high compared to other good restaurants in Oslo. But in total, an excellent restaurant.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank TottoV
“Real value for money”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

You need to know it's there to find it. Just down a very steep old stoney staircase, and you're in a cozy cellar with wonderful food. For lunch they serve fantastic "smorrebrod" and for dinner you get the most amazing food. Take your time, and enjoy.

1 Thank EllenChr
“Amazing!”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I have been to Krostua between 5-10 times last 4 years. I have always had the 10 course seasonal menu. And it has been outstandig at all times

If you are visiting Oslo and want 1 good meal: this is it!! They serve the best of Norwegian ingredients cooked to perfection and served in a 10 course, 6-7 servings meny. At a very reasonable price!

Go there!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank gnn2011
Holmestrand, Norway
“Gourmet food and wonderful wine!”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

My husband and I went to Statholderens Mat - og vinkjeller this Friday, to celebrate my husbands birthday. We had a great time from we arrived unthil we left the place! We felt very welcome, the place is relaxed and the food just wonderful. We had the 10 course meny and the wine meny (the best of the two). Everything was delcious, tasty and not too much. A great evening, thanks to everyone working there! It was my first time in the celler restaurant, and I will definitly go back. I would really recommend this place to others!

• Visited November 2011