“one of a kind”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sentrum
Description: Kjokken open til kl.21.30
Reviewed November 4, 2013

really nice place, friendly atmosphere and the food is special. You can try raindeer and whale, something strange and unique!

1  Thank minimi987

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I went in a rainy evening of September with some friends.
I took whale steak and reindeer stew- because it was my first time, I will be careful with my ruling - well cocked and flavourful, the sauces that accompanied the meats were the added value of the dishes (especially about the whale, whose taste is particularly strong).
Very poor the side dish, but pleasant-tasting the match of apple cake and vanilla ice-cream I ordered at the end of the meal.
Another sore point was a not varied menu (very few dishes to choose) and the atmosphere that was not so special.
The owner of the restaurant was very friendly, especially with Italians.
The worthy point was the cheaper price (nearly 200 NOK per dish) compared with the average of Oslo, the owner applied also a 10% discount and gave us a 15% discount voucher hoping in an other our visit.

1  Thank MarMa91
Reviewed August 31, 2013

It was just around the corner from our hotel so we decided to give it a try, we had a burger and a whale steak, both were good. Staff were excellent with a good sense of humour, worth a try.

1  Thank barossabazz
Reviewed August 28, 2013

we were so glad we found this place on the first night of our stay. Fantastic reindeer stew, great steaks tasty waffles. Back again tomorrow night !

1  Thank jla569
Reviewed August 24, 2013

it is a very good choice for having traditional Norwegian food here!!! I have been here twice with one of my friend, the food is always very good and the people is also very nice!!! I like it!

1  Thank kghappy