“Great Italian food, wonderful atmosphere and quality service!”

Ruffino Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #6 of 1,480 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ruffino is an authentic Italian restaurant that smells, tastes and feels Italian. The menu includes a large selection of antipasti, home-made pasta dishes, seafood and meat dishes, as well as dessert favourites like fondente, tiramisu and gelato. All dishes on Ruffino's menu are available as children's portions for half price. The restaurant is located in Henrik Ibsens gate, close to the Royal Palace and Karl Johans gate.
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
“Great Italian food, wonderful atmosphere and quality service!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have a thing for authenticity, quality in food, the right atmosphere and I'm a sucker for really good service. It can be really hard to find all these things in one place, specially when you want to have it all for a reasonable price. I had to find such a place for a group of 40 people in Oslo. I did some research and ended up checking 3 places, went there and talked to those in charge and got a feel of the atmosphere. I am so happy that I followed my instinct to choose Ruffino for this occasion because they delivered it all! We left with a "wow" feeling and the whole group experienced a great evening. Thank you!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Valdimar S

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
“Outstanding service and great food for special event”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We have been to Ruffino several times before. I've always been pleased with the service; the personal way that the staff goes out of its way to create an enjoyable experience. We usually find mediocre service in restaurants in Scandinavia. Ruffino strives to deliver what you would expect in Italy. However, sometimes the food can be a bit ordinary or too heavy and rich, which isn't like nice places in Italy.

For this recent dinner, we hosted four families to celebrate a special event. Ruffino set a lovely table in a private space for us. The staff provided extraordinary service throughout the dinner. Timing, accuracy, pace, attention to detail and observing us without being intrusive--all hallmarks of fine restaurant service. Not only that, but our meals were particularly good. Serving 14 people at once is daunting for good restaurants, but Ruffino handled us well. I was most impressed with the food. It and the service were the best we had ever experienced there.

Thank you to the staff and management at Ruffino for making our family event a memorable experience!

2 Thank Ken S
Oslo, Norway
“Great Italian Food - Family run restaurant”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

For Italian food in Oslo you could not do better than Ruffino. This family-run restaurant is a very pleasant setting in one of the nicest parts of town and offers great service. Father Mauro will help you with your food and wine choices and both son and daughter can be found serving tables very pleasantly at busy times. I have dined here with my family on many occasions and always enjoy it immensely.

2 Thank adamsGrae
Kent, United Kingdom
“Great friendly welcome”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Went here in a large-ish group on a Friday night, got a welcome like we were part of the family, the lady that took care of our table (Vanessa i believe) was amazing, explaining everything about the food, teaching us Italian and generally being a wonderful hostess, had a great evening there and wouldn't hesitate to go back again...

2 Thank GALATEA68
Oslo, Norway
“One of my favourites!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Superb food/menue and exceptional service makes me come back to this genuine little peace of Italy over and over again.

• Visited June 2013